The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. iiiNelson

New Sony sensor in Blackmagic Cine: 100 megapixel in 35mm full-frame; P1, Leica, Fuji next?

I’m pretty sure that the company making these sensors for the Ursa line that aren’t IMX410 based is Fairchild. BMD and them have had a longstanding relationship and they made the 12K sensor in the S35 version as well.
  2. iiiNelson

Is it worth to get a 28mm lens from a new brand?

I’m sure it’s present on the announced 50mm too.
  3. iiiNelson

Growing concern over availability of XCD (older style) and New V lenses

While DJI as a company may be profitable, Hasselblad may not be at this moment considering how much they purchased it for, the niche market that they occupy, the amount of money spent on R&D for new lens designs, and combined with supply chain issues to get product out. For example I used to...
  4. iiiNelson

I’m guessing that Hasselblad will be selling far more cameras from the X series versus the tech cams which are a niche part of a niche. Again I’m not trying to minimize what DJI is doing but they’re probably doing what most companies that pay a large sum of money for a failing legacy brand do -...
  5. iiiNelson

Not trying to minimize, but could it be that the old model, while far more personal, wasn’t effective and efficient? Could it be that the old business model is a reason why Hasselblad was ultimately sold to DJI in the first place? I understand why smaller dealers would be upset and ideally...
  6. iiiNelson

Is it worth to get a 28mm lens from a new brand?

I’m not getting the question… I have the Thypoch and it’s a nice lens. I bought it because I’m not a huge 28mm person but figured I’d give this one a try for the price. I’m big on Voigtlander but the Thypoch is great as well. The only thing I don’t like about it is the infinity lock… so I...
  7. iiiNelson

Leica SL3

Still waiting on a local SL3 to arrive and hope it’s a demo model. I don’t have high hopes since my local camera store was unwilling to allow me to demo their M11 Monochrom without a non-refundable deposit… so naturally I just bought on the internet. I just kinda felt like it was their problem...
  8. iiiNelson

Leica SL3

I’m guessing that they expect folks to just use the Leica Fotos app.
  9. iiiNelson

Why did you buy your latest camera?

How do you define best?
  10. iiiNelson

Coming back to Leica

Welcome back… I recently returned myself after selling my M9’s and going mostly to Sony after the M240 was released. I picked up the M11 Monochrom last Autumn. I already quite a few Voigtlander M lenses like the 21/1.4, 35/1.2, and 75/1.5, then I picked up the 50/2 APO and the Thypoch 28/1.4...
  11. iiiNelson

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Leica M11 + Thypoch 28/1.4
  12. iiiNelson

The reason to buy a 28mm lens

Definitely meant wide…
  13. iiiNelson

The reason to buy a 28mm lens

I’ve loathed 28mm for awhile. I’ve tried to like it but it never felt wide enough for me nor close enough. I’m gonna give it one more go sooner and try to like it if I can’t love it. I’ve for 21-25mm to be the area I prefer for wide lenses to pair with a 35-55mm lens.
  14. iiiNelson

15. iiiNelson

Favorite budget M-mount lens recs? ie < $500

Voigtlander has some 15’s to 50’s in this range. If you go used you can find a few more. There are also the Chinese brands like TTArtisan in this price range as well that may be worth looking at reviews of. In Leica there are a few really old versions floating around in the 1960’s range in age...
  16. iiiNelson

Why did you buy your latest camera?

I’d been contemplating selling a lot a gear for awhile to return to Leica M once the Monochrom was released. Got a smoking deal on the M11 version… still haven’t sold any gear yet. Now I’m debating between the SL3, X2D, and M11P for a color camera to replace my S1R.
  17. iiiNelson

M11 Monochrom + 50/2 APO-Lanthar + 35/1.2 Nokton II
  18. iiiNelson

The Leica Picture Thread

M11 Monochrom (with both the 35/1.2 Nokton II for the bus shot & 50/2 APO-Lanthar for the cityscapes) in Warsaw
  19. iiiNelson

Thinking about the Hassi XCD2 plus 2-3 lenses

Just dropping in to read up on the X2D/907X because it’s an interesting option debating on what the SL3 turns out to be. I was actually hoping that they’d choose a sensor with an extremely least readout similar to the Sony A1 because that would provide an interesting contrast to my M11...
  20. iiiNelson

S5II/x, the replacement for S5, S1, S1R and S1H?

You’re not and I’m divesting from Panasonic bodies. If I weren’t solely interested in the flagship cameras I’d consider them but I feel like they’re racing to the bottom as a company. It’s like they make a flagship with exclusive feature at twice the price, then they firmware just about...