The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. bab

New Hasselblad H lenses being sold for

Has anyone noticed lately that some brand new H lenses in box never opened (not the orange dot ver) are selling on EBay for 1/5 the original price. It seems some dealers must know what’s about to happen with Hasselblad.
  2. bab

fuji xt-4 b&W from a boat handheld surprised me

Im pretty pleased with this shot i took thru the window of a Duffy, handheld 16-55mm 1/550 sec, f/4.5 160 iso. I have been successful using the Filter/ Blur/ Average with curves layer and gray dropper method to remove the color cast in some of my images. This image was literally raise camera to...
  3. bab

Open letter to Hasselblad

Open letter to Hasselblad The H6D 100c could use one firmware upgrade to keep it alive in keeping with newer cameras released in 2020. If you Hasselblad would add focus stacking (intregated step focusing) this would give the H6D 100c the ability to be on level par with the new ly Released...
  4. bab

Either bring your own water or find a place like this

This is a rare image for sure unless one brings their own water! Out in the park after the rain thinking I might find a solid image, driving to different spots after a hour and a half. I go down this dirt road to the end which was a wall of rocks, behind the rocks I see a canyon. Climbing up the...
  5. bab

LR D vs L modules image deterioration question

Simply looking for a reason why my images in Dev module are not in focus but in lib module they are perfect. Either on MacBook Pro mid 2014 16gb ram or 2020 MacBook Pro 64gb ram Any suggestions as to why? I’m thinking it might be my import settings by not selecting build standard preview. Thanks
  6. bab

Sails Chong rips Hasselblad a new one '

https://youtu.be/7MpE0rZAZKI EDITED BY THE MODS INVECTIVE NOT SUPPORTED BY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
  7. bab

May 3rd 2018 last firmware release for H6D-100c

Just posting this out of frustration since Hasselblad has chosen not to honor the requests I've suggested and I'm sure many others as well for needed or wanted firmware items. The last release was May 3rd 2018, it didn't satisfy many of items on my wish list. They always say (standard answer)...
  8. bab

This weeks West Coast RAIN will or might bring chance of bloom

Whats the chance that this weeks rain prediction of over 3 1/2 inches will bring a modest bloom to the west coast? Is there any reference point of rainfall in December or January that determines a great or good bloom for spring? The super bloom last year was awesome but I missed it by two...
  9. bab

The next firmware version for H6D-100c, 1.21.0, will be released in April

Has anyone purchased a new H6D-100c, with firmware 1.21.0? If so can you comment if any wish list items have been added. Auto Bracketing in self timer mode, should finish bracketing seq w/ M-UP after pressing shutter once? Auto Bracketing-Normal plus 3 stops 0, +1, +2, +3----if your exposing...
  10. bab

Yosemite Closure April 8th

Wow cant believe the weather is so cold in Yosemite Valley right now. they are still forecasting snow into next week with temps in the 20's. Last year on May 1st Dogwoods were in bloom and the park was flooded best pictures with reflections. Its my guess that this year it could be about three...
  11. bab

Adobe latest LR classic and PS really slow

working with LR classic the brush is super slow so is moving files to a catolouge in PS the healing brush take for ever Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Do I need to do something to speed up the programs? Like change some setting that didnt port over from the previous versions...
  12. bab

Backpack with internal frame for technical or medium format gear

I just received an Adventure backpack from Atlaspacks in Scottsdale, Az it meets my expectations for almost everything I ever wanted in a backpack. You can see from the pictures I have crammed it full of stuff! Its the most comfortable pack on my body out of all the packs ive tried you cant...
  13. bab

Lens recommendation flying at 3000ft to shoot a field of flowers

At 3000 feet what lens would you use to shoot a field of flowers capturing the rolling hills,mountains and some sky? In a banking turn shooting down a Caynon would the 100 mm on a Hasselblad be the right choice at 3000 feet up?
  14. bab

Hasselblad Grip Battery was dead

Couldn't get the battery to charge then I might have tricked the charger by plugging in the battery first the plugging in the charger six hours later a green light. However when attached to the camera it showed dead. On a GetDpi post I was reading how to replace the internal batteries, and also...
  15. bab

L bracket for Hasselblad H and HTS

I'm currently using a RRS L bracket the bottom attachment position to the body of the H fits perfect but...even with the accessory spacer from the HTS it won't allow free movement to turn the HTS the Knobs get in the way, you can turn the HTS so the knobs are on the top that's the only position...
  16. bab

Fuji X-T2 vs Nikon D810 shoot out video "response"

this is in response to the video shootout absolutely bias review by John Lehmann. http://petapixel.com/2016/07/08/fuji-x-t2-vs-nikon-d810-sports-shooting-comparison/ "I'm not sure of the setting you had set up to use the 100-400mm lens the shutter lag can be a minor challenge depending on how...
  17. bab

Anyone using X-pan Rotopan for Hasselblad

This looks interesting but I'm not able to find out how to contact them, if anyone had used it or lives in Seoul and had experience and contact information I'd be interested. Also if there is a distributor in USA? ??? ?? - ?? ?? ??? ?? "X-PANO"
  18. bab

Yosemite April 23-27 2016 anybody going to be there?

If you plan to be shooting in Yosemite April 23-27th I'm looking for a few people to shoot with. I'll be shooting sunrise and sunset and some daylight. Arriving 23 afternoon leaving 27th after sunrise. If your interested in getting together please PM me Thanks Barry
  19. bab

Was blown away by this light modifier and Fuji xt1

Just thought I would post this test shot with a light modifier I recently purchased. It's a PIXAPRO 170cm Giant parabolic Umbrella with wheeled stand from essential photo. I set it up was a little bit of work at first not knowing how exactly to do it but not hard to do. Put a hensell strobe on...
  20. bab

Site comments

The title bar at the top of the site is a little too small also the layout could be improved The page numbers are too small I think as they are often used they could be spaced out more like your original ones and just ever so much bigger In the new posts page the layout is the most disturbing to...