The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. O

wtb: Baseplate or L bracket for Sigma DP Merrill

Hello, Maybe someone here has a Really Right Stuff or other baseplate, L bracket or grip set for the Sigma DP Merrills. I'm interested in buying one or more. Thank you, Robert rknewcomb Athens, Ga. USA
  2. O

Zeiss ZX1

I'm with you there, 50mm Robert
  3. O

Wtb evf eye level electronic viewfinder for sigma dp 1 2 or 3 merrill cameras

That would be really great. I can tinker with it if need be. Thanks! Robert
  4. O

Yes, USB out. It is not a high res finder but it does what i need. Robert
  5. O

The viewfinder looks like this one. Thans Robert
  6. O

Still looking for one of these. Thanks! Robert
  7. O

Hello, I'm wanting to buy one of the third party made in China EVF EYE LEVEL ELECTRONIC VIEWFINDER FOR SIGMA DP 1 2 OR 3 MERRILL CAMERAS. There was talk here about these a few years back and some people bought them - maybe they are willing to sell it. Thank you, Robert USA
  8. O

Sigma SD15 Question

hi Ted, Thank you the good information on the SD15 and analog front end(s). The SD15 can still be found at a lovely price! I do like the results from the Sigmas. I appreciate the help. Robert
  9. O

Sigma SD Quattro Questions

Hi Folks, I was reading a review and the person said that as the ISO went up the pixel count when down. (two questions). 1) Does the camera actually lower the number of pixels as you shoot at a higher ISO? 2) If you stay at a lower ISO to Avoid problem (1), if you use a tripod and a longer...
  10. O

Fun with Pentax QS-1

Just starting to learn the little Pentax QS-1 with Holga 10mm lens. Robert
  11. O

Sigma SD15 Question

Hi, Not too late for me, I'm learning a lot from very smart folks. Thanks !!! Robert
  12. O

A new instant film camera

From what I've seen online it looks to be at least a bit better then a toy camera build. A lot of thought seems to have gone into the design. I've written a couple of folks with some questions about the camera. Maybe.....:) Robert
  13. O

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

Hi, I hope it is clear that I like this photo. What I have been asking about was to learn about something that I have seen that I like at times. Thanks! Robert
  14. O

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

Hi, By"negative fill light" do mean moving the fill light slider in PhotoShop towards the less fill light direction? Also BTW, I don't see it as a negative fault or issue, I actually like it in some images. Robert
  15. O

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

Regarding this photo that Andrew made. Is the slight bleeding of the dark areas into the lighter areas a product of the Sigma camera or something in PhotoShop? I have seen this in some Sigma images when looking a B&W on Flickr and would like to understand this. Back in my film days, if one...
  16. O

Sigma SD15 Question

Hi, Thank you for the good information. They do seem like a bargain price wise. Robert
  17. O

Sigma SD15 Question

Hi, I'm interested in one of the Sigma reflex cameras but also have reasons to wonder if it might not be the wrong thing for me. The prices of very clean SD15's are attractive. I know there are folks on this forum who know way more them about Sigma cameras so I want to ask. Is the SD15 one of...
  18. O

Au Revoir

Hey, Sorry about that. I thought it as one of the "reclining" poses from Rubens or Raphael etc. It is lovely. Robert
  19. O

Au Revoir

Really nice image here. I like it!! I took the liberty of rotating it, hope you don't mind. Robert "Photography at it's best ??"
  20. O

SIGMA SD1 shots

Hi Darr, Did you add a soft glow to this shot of the Cabin "Somewhere In Georgia" or is that out of the camera. It's pretty. Robert