The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Installing Leaf Capture 11.5.3

I was successful in installing Leaf capture on a Macbook air with Mojave, by installing modern JRE 8 and JDK and after that Leaf capture, and finishing with Mac update JRE 6 (2017 001). However, on a Macbook Pro, I was lazy and installed all the Javas first and the Leaf last, and Leaf refuses to...
  2. M

Compact flash price trends

Last time I checked, I bought a whole bunch of 2 GB cards for the ZD back, which was very picky with type and size. And that was many years ago, but I remember those were cheap. What has happened since ? For me, the current price on 32GB cards seems a bit expensive, in comparison to what I...
  3. M

SK 80mm LS lens

Is the SK 80mm LS lens usable without leaf shutter on Mamiya AFDxxx bodies, ie with only aperture control ? (First generation LS lens)
  4. M

My Scanner has banding issues

So, for quite a while I have been scanning slide film and black and white. With good results. However, lately I decided to try C41 at home with a CineStill automatic heater. And so I loaded some color negative, shot and went developing. And scanning. But what, there was brown striping in...
  5. M

Hasselblad ELX

I must admit I like my ELX, but as a beginner I must curse the engineerers a bit. The very known problem is that if you dont hold the shutter release button or cord long enough on LONG exposures the camera starts winding before the exposure is finished. What a bummer. I was lucky to find out the...
  6. M

Fuji GX680 Sync with Digital Back

I have tested Phase One P25 with Fuji GX680 and used the following 'hack': The procedure is to press test button briefly immediately before pressing shutter release. The P25 is on short latency. What I can see, I get sync on each shutter speed 1/400 - 8s and B. I can't see where the real need...
  7. M

How about More and more fun with expired film ? (And Experimental)

When film prices started to rise alarmingly I bought quite a lot of expired film to keep my film cameras going without the expense of always buying fresh film. My thought would be to do some interesting experimentation with my films, and perhaps this thread could be about experimenting with...
  8. M

Mamiya 645 Super

What a nice feeling, when I just took my Mamiya 645 from storage and now I feel so at home with split prism manual focusing and a mechanical camera that just keep going. What a surprise when the meter battery, 4LR44 was still functioning after more than 10 years in storage. This is a quality...
  9. M

Memory card recovery

I had a sudden severe corruption of a CF card with a cheap memory card reader. Learning from that I will probably only use brand name card readers from now on. However, I was able to rescue all my MFD RAW files with this software: https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec The software is VERY...
  10. M

LF field pricing ?

Will there be some very attractive price reductions on field cameras ? I understand that everything LF are niche products and scarce and specialized. Therefore they can be priced more expensively than abundant photo gear. However is there a future for LF equipment ? For sure LF color film is...
  11. M

The funny camera Mamiya AFDXXX

The funny thing with Mamiya AFD is how soon it eats all battery power and needs recharging. I simply can't get how a simple mechanical camera can drain batteries soo fast.
  12. M

Now rush to buy 8x10

Now is the last time to seriously consider 8x10 on technical aspects?: https://petapixel.com/2020/03/19/8x10-film-vs-150mp-digital-can-150-megapixels-compete/ Or not, personally I could not carry 8x10+tripod or afford a brand new box of slide film. Processing is also not available commercially...
  13. M

Affinity Photo Desktop

Personally, I am never going to subscribe to any software. Therefore I had to look for options to Adobe Photoshop for pixel editing. When I found Serif Affinity Photo I thougt that may be my best option and now, later on I find this choice better and better by each new update. Serif Affinity...
  14. M

Repair of Leaf Aptus 22

I have an Leaf Aptus 22 that has developed malfunction. The back says 'Insert storage card' and the card writing LED blinks red when inserting a CF card of any age and size. The firewire powers the back but there is no connection to Leaf Capture software. What I understand the 'firewire board'...
  15. M

PhaseOne P+ and Latency

In this document it states that PhaseOne P+ and Mamiya AFD(II) has to be used in 'Short latency': https://www.phaseone.com/Search/Article.aspx?articleid=1451 This is what I have experienced, and 'Long latency' is not usable with this combination at all and it indeed causes very strange...
  16. M

iPad for MFD

Hello Is there any apps that recognize MFD files without tethering to a laptop, ie. other apps than PhaseOne CapturePilot and Adobe Lightroom Mobile ? I have tested that iOS 9 does not recognize P25 files .TIF as image files when trying to import them using cameraconnection kit...
  17. M

The Fuji GX680 club

Hello My newest toy is a Fuji GX680 classic. I have managed to change the battery in the film-magazine and the camera's NiCd battery seems to hold charge for one or two days of photographing. I have also found a nice bag for walkaround snapshooting:):) but nonetheless always on tripod. The bag...