The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Crop factor calculations for a dummy.

I'm McGivering a Sony RX100 to act as my viewfinder and light meter on my Cambo and P45+. I've got the mechanics worked out so far, but I'm completlely stumped when trying to work out the equivelance of my SK 47MM on the Cambo to an equivelant lens size on the 1" sensor of the Sony. Any math...
  2. A

Leica Disto question

Which model do most users have? I just checked the most basic ones - on a budget - and the range was either 130 ft or 330 ft. Is that enough because beyond that is infinity setting on a lens? Thanks.
  3. A

Any comments, experiences on Blue Ring 40-80 zoom?

I just got one and have limited use on my DF. I'm waiting to find a good deal on an XF to truly find out the potential. Any tips, experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
  4. A

KIPON Mamiya645-S/E ES 0.7x Adapter

I'm considering getting one of the subject adapters so I can use my Phase Blue Ring on my FF Sony gear. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with them? They cost almost $1300 so I'm trying to do my homework before I make a decision. Does it maintain image quality is my big question. Thanks.
  5. A

Largest CF card for P45+?

I recently bought a couple of very large capacity CF cards for my back and they won't format or work in any way. I presume the P45+ must have an upward limit due to it's age. Anyone know what that is? Couldn't find that out on the Phase One site. Thanks.
  6. A

WTB Phase One DF

I'm looking for a Phase One DF in good shape.
  7. A

Phase One glass and Fuji GFX

Is there such a thing as an adapter from Phase One to Fuji? I haven't been able to find one just doing Google searches. I'm beginning to think it may be technically impossible.
  8. A

Faking live view in P45+ with a Sony RX100?

I don't have the budget to upgrade and besides, I love my P45+ back. I'd love to have live view though and I'm wondering if I could mount a little Sony RX100, either in the cold shoe of my camera, or attached to a magic arm in front of the lens and then swinging it away for capture. In the case...
  9. A

Phase One 40-80 Blue Ring rendering?

I'm considering getting one. Anyone have experience with the rendering? Sharpness is a given but I'm more interested in the "look" Thanks.
  10. A

Short latency vs long latency on P45+

Can someone explain the benefits or pitfalls of choosing one or the other please?
  11. A

DIY Viewfinder for Tech Cam

I have a P45+ and still really like it, except for the lack of live view and I can't afford a Phase back that has live view. I'm thinking of using my little Sony RX100VII mounted on my Cambo as a DIY viewfinder. Of course, there'll be no focusing with this but I can get a Leica Distro for that...
  12. A

Fuji rendering?

I've been tryng to decide whether to upgrade my ancient, but still quite good, Phase One kit or sell it off and go the Fuji route. While there's a fair bit of information available about the quality and sharpness of these systems I can't find decent information about the Fuji "look". Nobody has...
  13. A

LR Metadata issues

I've had a number of metadata issues since the latest release of LR and also switching to a NAS at that time. Bad combo obviously. The latest is when I make a change in LR I get the little exclamation mark telling me there is a metadata conflict. When I click on the Save Metadata tab a message...
  14. A

Mamiya 35 mm 3.5 - Advice please

Hi. I'm considering getting one and have read quite contradictory thoughts on them. anyone have specific experience? Thanks
  15. A

Very tight 7r3 lens mount

I have an original 7r and a 7r3. When I attach a non-Sony lens to the r3 it's so tight that it's hard to get it on. The same lens on the original r is just fine. I used to think it was my Metabones Canon to Sony adapter but I just got a CV 21 for E mount and it's exactly the same. I'm concerned...
  16. A

Sigma SD1 lens mount adapter?

I love my little Merrills so much I'd love an SD1, but I'd need a lens mount hack or adapter for Sony or Canon lenses. Can't seem to find anything, maybe not possible? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
  17. A

Fotodiox Pro TLT ROKR Tilt Shift adapter issue

After sending back two of these things I'm on my third copy and still having an issue - looks like I'm the problem. I've tried both Mamiya and Phase One lenses because I understand there's a slight difference. When I mate the adapter to the lens it seats nicely, but when I push the little button...
  18. A

Strange behavior of Canon TSE 17 on Sony a7r/r3

The lens was set to f/11 by the dealer when I bought it and it has been permanently attached to a Metabones adapter. Looking at the Metadata on my LR Catalog I find f/7.1, f/9, f/9.5, f/10 and f/11. All shot at either manual or A exposure. Anyone know what gives? Thanks.
  19. A

Tablet viewfinder for Tech Cam?

After years of ignoring my Tech Cam I'm being drawn to it again. The Alpa and Pro Viewfinder apps are Apple only and I'm not. Anyone know of an Android or Windows product that may do the job of lens visualization the way that the other two do? I've looked and I can't find any.
  20. A

Contax 645, 35mm Distagon rendering qualities?

I'm considering getting this lens and adapting it to my Sony a7r3. I have a number of 35mm Contax lenses I use on the Sony and really like the rendering. Does anyone know of the rendering qualities of this lens? I'm considering it because it will be a 21mm on the Sony and fills an important hole...