The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. craygc

Apple M1, a revolution in the making?

Except for all the issues of having to replace existing software with a new architecture...
  2. craygc

RAID Box -- what are using?

Without suggesting models, I would never use anything above RAID 1 for home use. Although RAID 5/6 gives better efficiency and drive usage it comes with other risks. The problems can arise after a number of years; the firmware used by each manufacturer to manage the bridge boards that write the...
  3. craygc

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Jakarta, Indonesia, Pentax 645n + FA75mm, HP5 @800, DDX Balaraja, Indonesia, Pentax Rolleiflex 3.5F, HP5 @800, DDX
  4. craygc

Examples of photo restoration

For me (and this was the first time I ever tried this) it was just Photoshop, working at 200% most of the time using the clone tool and healing brush with a Wacom tablet. Just working across the image screen by screen, manually cleaning and fixing. The healing brush is actually quite good at...
  5. craygc

Examples of photo restoration

I did a similar restoration of a scan of an old family photograph for a friend a number of years ago. The amount of effort that went into removing spots and blemishes and rebuilding parts of the image that were missing or blown highlights was well beyond my initial estimates - work on this image...
  6. craygc

Share your Tree Photos

7. craygc

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Leica M2 + 35 Lux Asph v1, FP4 (Bandung, Indonesia)
  8. craygc

Fun With Sony Cameras

A7II + VC 15mm v3
  9. craygc

Share your Tree Photos

10. craygc

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

A7II + Leica 35mm Summilux Asph v1 with 5m planoconvex lens
  11. craygc

Sony A7II + Sony/Zeiss 55/1.8
  12. craygc

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Brighton Beach, Melbourne...
  13. craygc

A7II + 35Lux Asph v1 + 5000mm PCX
  14. craygc

Fun With Sony Cameras

A7II + Leica 35 Lux Asph v1 @f/1.4 + 5000mm PCX filter
  15. craygc

Sony A7II + 1.8/55
  16. craygc

Sony A7II + Leica 35Lux Asph v1 + 5000 Planoconvex filter Had shot these and the previous post on the Rolleiflex with Delta 100 at the same time, all on a single roll. Unloaded the camera tonight and realised I'd loaded the film the wrong way around :banghead::banghead::banghead: Too used to...
  17. craygc

Ballarat, Australia Sony A7II + Leica 35mm Lux Asph1 + 5000mm Planocovex front filter
  18. craygc

Optimal Working and BU Drivers for a 2015 iMac

Just for some information. I'm more than aware that the go to RAID configuration these days is a RAID 5 or 6 implementation. The view is that it's safer than RAID 0 and offers greater capacity than RAID 1. In all of that I would agree. The problem it introduces is not necessarily obvious and I...
  19. craygc

Sony A7 Camera Profiles - Capture One

Hi Seb, Maybe just try the linear curve version initially. No point doing extra work before baselining the outcome with what already exists.
  20. craygc

Sony A7 Camera Profiles - Capture One

Wow, than you for the offer Seb. I think at least starting with your A7RII profile would at least give me a feel for the direction of curves and contrast. I assume you need an email address to send the profile; just my user name here then @yahoo.com. Craig