The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Medium Format and Coffee

My hard working La Pavoni Europiccola. She's in need of a thorough cleaning and seal change, so I figured I'd take a 'before' shot.
  2. A

Restore old faded photos--remember Digital ROC?

A hack/trick if you use the Negative Lab Pro plugin in Lightroom: manually invert the image in PS or other, then convert the ‘negative’ with NLP.
  3. A

IQ5 rumors

Didn’t MR say something similar about an early Canon DSLR as well? 10D?
  4. A

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

How many times are you going to post in a thread *about* tech cam use suggesting people stop posting about the thread topic? If Hasselblad wants certain customers, then yes, they must do certain things.
  5. A

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

90% of my work involves XY movements with wide lenses. At this point there are two deal breakers for me: 1. Banding w/ shifted wide lenses. 2. Distortion correction of shifted lenses in an efficient workflow. Both are solvable, but I won’t be a customer until then. I’ve let Hasselblad know...
  6. A

The Fujinon GF Tilt Shift Lenses Are Finally Here!

Time for someone to open one up and see if there's encoding hardware for tilt! :cool:
  7. A

WTB: Kipon Contax 645 to GFX shift adapter

Still looking…
  8. A

X shutter alternatives in the future?

I wonder who makes/made the shutters in Hasselblad X & H lenses? And Phase/SK, Leica S lenses? There’s also the Alpa FPS. Whatever happened to Arca’s FPS?
  9. A

YT: Hasselblad 907x & CFV 100c - A journey with Ian Atkinson on location with Technical cameras

They noted at the end of the video that the music was licensed. It’s possible the license was for UK only or some similar limit that was exceeded by a worldwide audience.
  10. A

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

Dang - this back is so close, yet so far away...
  11. A

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

Is there a difference shifting along the long vs short axis of the sensor?
  12. A

Fun with Nikon Images 2024 - while it still works!!!

Some symmetry on the drive home today - Oregon D800fs / B+W 093 IR / 85mm PC-E stitched
  13. A

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

Anyone have wide (23-35mm) Rodie HRs to test on the CFV100C? I'll second the recommendation for everyone to report this to Hasselblad - also the need to correct distortion on shifted Rodie lenses.
  14. A

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

Professionals who produce images for discerning clients for one. If you don't, great - carry on.
  15. A

When will IQ4 150 hit sub US $10k?

After the initial upgrade “rush” to an IQ5 settles down.
  16. A

Your favourite “bang for the buck” lenses

The first rule of the Bargain Lens Club is… don’t talk about the Bargain Lens Club.
  17. A

C1 laying off people / sale of P1 this year?

There may be some old interviews at Luminous Landscape that would have some quotes.
  18. A

I forget, does the IQ4 itself now have all it's originally promised features?
  19. A

The definition and value of "smart" depends on one's point of view. Frankly, that aggressive business style is one of the things that turns me off of Phase, and leads me to move away from them. My clients are architects, builders, engineers, manufacturers, etc who compete with each other, but...
  20. A

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

How does Phocus handle shifted lenses? Does it just expect that the LCC file is shot with matching shift? I understood previously that it had no mechanism to correct distortion/CA on shifted lenses - has this changed? There’s always the Alpa PS plugin - not nearly as smooth of a workflow as...