The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Hasselblad XCD 28P

Well not all that long ago, the Hasselblad X System was based around a panoramic 35mm film camera, and the Hasselblad X1 was a film scanner… Maybe there are only 4 or 5 letters in the Swedish alphabet :cool:
  2. D

Scanning MF Film with MF Digital System

Sorry to revive this old thread, but the topic is something I've been wrestling with over the last week. I also use an OpticFilm 120 (which I'm quite happy with) and (whisper it) Silverfast (ditto, with some reservations). Calibrating the OF120 with the high resolution SF IT8 target they...
  3. D

Hasselblad XCD 21mm no longer available

Why not look for a used 21mm XCD? There seem to be fair number around. Most XCD lenses seem to be very well looked after. And they’re very tough…
  4. D

Hasselblad X2D first impressions

Personally I see a pretty drastic difference in how Lr inteprets White Balance (auto or otherwise) compared with Phocus, and I much prefer Phocus. I would probably still use Lr, if only it had a Luma curve tool. Personally I cannot do without that. So for me, I do culling and base edits in...
  5. D

Hasselblad X2D coming soon to a divorce near you

Sure. But you'd have thought they'd have learnt their lesson. They certainly have claimed to...
  6. D

same here. My initial reaction was TakeMyMoney but my enthusiasm has cooled, for now. Although IBIS is a great addition, and the flippy screen is an improvement (but as useful as a chocolate teapot in vertical orientation), the top screen seems utterly pointless, losing the mode dial is...
  7. D

Oh dear, looks like my Xpan kit is going on eBay to pay for this….
  8. D

Reasons for MF in 2021

I generally find an inverse correlation between how much I like a photo and how many "likes" it gets on Flickr.
  9. D

Hasselblad: Phocus Or Lightroom

Thanks for the lesson. I've got a rough idea how this stuff works. The difference in clipping indication between the camera and Phocus is huge (at least 0.5EV). So to take full advantage of the range I try to ETTR, but with the X1D this is involves far more guesswork and crossed fingers than...
  10. D

X1DII / DxO PhotoLab

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but DxO PhotoLap 4.3 now supports Hasselblad X1DII files. From a quick look, the results are very good. I don't know if they had any support from Hasselblad for colour profile, certainly they use their own lens modules, but anyway really nice to...
  11. D

"An even better solution is to expose without blowing highlights." or just shoot JPEG.... I didn't spend 7+K to not maximise dynamic range.
  12. D

Phocus is awful at highlight recovery, it turns sky cyan. Lightroom is much better. Also Phocus gradient tool is primitive, almost impossible to fine tune. But to my eyes Phocus gives better colour (X1D) and colour is the reason I bought this expensive camera. I also significantly prefer...
  13. D

Phocus is awful at highlight recovery, it turns sky cyan. Lightroom is much better. Also Phocus gradient tool is primitive, almost impossible to fine tune. But to my eyes Phocus gives better colour (X1D) and colour is the reason I bought this expensive camera. I also significantly prefer...
  14. D

X1DII Screen Colour Accuracy

I'm not sure why I never noticed this before, but I've just realised that the colours I see on the X1DII screen are quite significantly different to those I see in 3FR files imported into Phocus. The view on the camera is quite flattering. I think, probably, that what I'm seeing in Phocus is...
  15. D

Got my GFX100s today.

Good Lord. Heaven.... exists!!!!! or maybe... "..and I was thinking this could be Heaven or this could be Hell". :cool:
  16. D

What's Hasselblad Been Up To?

I'd just like an X1DIII body with an orientable screen, some kind of dust protector (there was this "dark slide" concept H may have heard about), and for heaven's sakes please please please a hyperfocal indicator on the distance scale. So basically take usability from excellent to...
  17. D

Raw histograms and raw converters

As mentioned above, CaptureOne shows clipping based on output rather than input. So, if your current recipe profile happens to be set to sRGB you’ll see a more clipping than if it is set to ProPhoto, say. Personally I find C1’s clipping indicators to be rather pessimistic and not too reliable...
  18. D

Medium Format and Coffee

I suppose using a Nespresso machine is a bit like admitting I also shoot Micro Four Thirds?
  19. D

X1DII EVF brightness

Thanks - I've always wondered about the eyecup. Does anybody know of any alternatives? On other cameras I've always used deeper eyecups where available.
  20. D

X1DII EVF brightness

Hi, I was out with my X1DII today in bright, snowy conditions, and I noticed that the EVF was extremely dim, to the point that I could not see to properly frame shots. The actual exposures came out well enough (basically all centre-weighted with +0.7 to +1.0 compensation). It got to the point...