The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. H

New Review of X2D by Capture Integration

Steve Hendrix at Capture Integration has just posted a user's review of the strengths and limitations of the Hasselblad X2D. https://www.captureintegration.com/author/steve-hendrix/. IMO, it is by far and away the best review I have read in capturing and describing the unique capabilities of the...
  2. H

What's Hasselblad Been Up To?

Well, the convenient assumption is nothing much, as Hasselblad has been silent and Fuji continues to release one GFX model after another. However, I just came across the following press release: https://www.oneplus.com/no/news/press-release/oneplus-and-hasselblad-partnership. It's a partnership...
  3. H

Scanning MF Film with MF Digital System

Now that I have more time on my hands than I ever expected, I have decided to review some 20 years of shooting 6x7 film and digitizing a fair amount of my prior work. I still have my old Imacon Photo Scanner, but it is SLOW, it only has a SCSI connection that is buggy to adapt to the FireWire...
  4. H

Hasselblad XCD 35-75 Zoom

The mythic Hasselblad XCD 35-75 Zoom for the X1D has finally been released into the wild some 2+ years after it was first announced. If the MTF charts are to be believed, the optical performance should be spectacular. I will try to shoot with it this weekend and post some photographs and initial...
  5. H

Adapting Mamiya 7 Lenses to X1D or GFX

I have four wonderful Mamiya 7 lenses that are sitting on a shelf gathering dust. I am not aware of any adapters that would allow them to be used on an X1D (with ES) or on a Fuji GFX. Is anybody aware of such an adapter, or if there is some major issue that prevents them from being used on a...
  6. H

Arca Swiss P0 Hybrid/Replacement of QR Clamp

I want to change out the A/S Standard Clamp on my P0 Hybrid for a RRS QR Clamp. My understanding is that A/S has gone back and forth on being able to remove the A/S Standard Clamp without major "surgery." How do I determine if my A/S Standard Clamp is removable by me or it is glued in place and...
  7. H

Arca Swiss P0 Hybrid Knobs

One of the knobs on my Arca Swiss P0 Hybrid that controls one of the geared movements keeps falling off. I can't tell if there is a screw inside the little hole on the knob that is still there and just needs to tightened, or if the screw is missing altogether. Does anyone know what kind of tool...
  8. H

New X1D 135mm Lens + TC

I generally don't do lens reviews, as such, but I thought I would drop a comment here about an amazing lens "system" that I have been awaiting for quite some time and that finally arrived last week from Hasselblad. The 135mm XCD lens and the dedicated 1.7x teleconverter that converts the lens...
  9. H

Capture One V. 12: Don’t “Try It”

For anyone who has C1 v. 11 or prior versions and might be thinking of downloading a 30 day trial of v. 12 to check it out, don’t do it. I owned and was using C1 v. 10 and decided to check out v. 11 a few weeks ago, so I downloaded a what i was told was a trial copy for 30 days. I tried it and...
  10. H

X1D Adapter for Mamiya 7 Lenses

Does anyone offer an adapter for mounting Mamiya 7 lenses on the X1D? I don't recall seeing one for sale, or even discussed. For that matter, I haven't seen such an adapter for the GFX as well. Perhaps there is something about the physical design of the lenses that makes it...
  11. H

Mounting an X1D on a Drone

Looking over some of the beautiful work here and elsewhere that I have seen of medium format work done from a helicopter or fixed wing aircraft, I have been starting to think about the use of a drone for similar work. I don't know (yet) the first thing about using drones for taking photographs...
  12. H

X1D XH Adapter

Hasselblad has started to ship the adapter for mounting the Hasselblad H series lenses on the X1D body. I did a bit of testing over the weekend with my H series 50mmII, 80mm, 100mm, 150mm, 210m and 300mm lenses on the X1D. I shot the 50mmII, the 80mm and 100mm lenses side by side with the X1D...
  13. H

Hasselblad X1D v. Fuji GFX: Who Has Used Both?

Rightly or wrongly, there continues to be great interest in comparing the X1D with the GFX. This was my response on a thread at LuLa about the experiences of those who have actually owned or at least used both the X1D and the GFX: "I owned both, and have now returned the GFX after shooting with...
  14. H

Ming Thein Appointed as Chief of Strategy at Hasselblad

Very interesting. Given Ming's impressive skill set and varied experiences in the business world and the photography world, this is an outside the box hiring that is far too rare to see in the world of camera manufacturers. I think it speaks volumes that Hasselblad is headed in the right...
  15. H

Fuji GFX 32-64 Zoom v. Hasselblad X1D 30 and 45mm Primes

The only GFX lens I have is the 32-64MM zoom lens. I shot files at f/11 with the Fuji zoom at 32 and 45mm and then at f/11 with the Hasselblad 30mm and 45mm primes. No question the Fuji zoom is demonstrably behind the X1D primes, but that's no big surprise as the X1D lenses are exceptional...
  16. H

New Firmware for X1D

Hasselblad has now released the first firmware update for the X1D. A PDF with the new features is available at the Hasselblad website. Perhaps someone at a computer can paste into a post the new features.
  17. H

X1D Lens Availability

B&H is now listing the XCD 30mm, XCD 45mm and XCD 90mm for the X1D as all in stock.
  18. H

L-Bracket for Fuji GFX

There is a discussion at diglloyd.com about the difficulty of designing an L-Bracket for the Fuji GFX because Fuji put the battery compartment on the left side of the camera body where an L-bracket would usually go. Just when everything on the GFX looks so well thought out, it appears that Fuji...
  19. H

A7RII with Sony A Mount 70-400 II Zoom

Anyone have direct experience with the Sony A Mount 70-400 II zoom on the A7RII? I have read reports that it does not work at all in Lock On AF-C mode with the LA-EA3 Adaptor, but that it does work in that mode using the LA-EA4 adaptor and Contrast Detect AF (no Phase Detect AF), though not...
  20. H

Sony A7 Kit for Africa

Heading to Africa (Botswana and Zambia) for a few weeks and debating what to take for a photography kit. I have an A7R and a number of FE lenses, including70-200 FE zoom. The drawback to the A7R is that the autofocus performance is just "ok." I was thinking of renting an A7II or A7S. The A7II...