The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Schafphoto

Minolta 35mm Rokkor Shift CA lens on FF digital.

Does anyone have any experience with this the 35mm Shift Minolta MD Rokkor CA 2.8 on modern 40+ MP FF cameras? I see a bit of info out there on the Old FD Canon and Olympus 35mm shift lenses, but the reviews on Full Frame seem scarce. I'm only interested in architectural shift at f8 or f11...
  2. Schafphoto

Canon TS-E 50mm discontinued?

let me know if you want to sell it.
  3. Schafphoto

Rhinocam Vertex as shift adapter.

I'm looking at the possibility of using the Rhinocam Vertex that was just announced as a dedicated shift adapter for architecture on a Canon R5. Instead of mounting the mount's tripod foot, mount the camera body and spin the lens. The lens may in some instances be upside down, and shift would...
  4. Schafphoto

Arca RM3 + Aperture control board + 11-24mm Canon

If I can find a technical camera system that will take the Canon R5 on the back I will send the 11-24 out for a haircut and take out the rear baffles. I may sound draconian, but I'm willing to grind a couple of millimeters off the Canon handgrip if that is the constraining factor (or maybe the...
  5. Schafphoto

Were you able to get your Nikon Z to work? Which lenses are you using on the front end?
  6. Schafphoto

I didn't even want to put the "sensor in question" into the title of the post since it's technically not MF. Dreaming of shifting a Canon EOSR (Canon R Mirrorless) body on the back of a ARCA tech-cam with an ARCA 110x110 Canon aperture control lens board ... that would be my ultimate setup...
  7. Schafphoto

thoughts on architectural photography with Fujifilm GFX, image circle and lenses

Antonio, I'm glad to hear that the 35mm HD Pentax worked out. I gave up on the Fuji GFX and may be adapting the 35mm HD lens to my EOSR and then the new 45MP EOSR5 when it arrives in summer. If you look back at the top of this thread you'll see that my tests with the 24mm and 1.4x teleconverter...
  8. Schafphoto

Canon R mount Shift adaptors EOS R>EF

I never pulled the trigger on the GFX. I just borrowed the body and rented the lenses to do my image circle tests. And then I bought an EOS R because the TSE lenses had more movement and I was hoping that Canon would come out with their High Dynamic Range/High Resolution mirrorless in 2020. I...
  9. Schafphoto

Very intriguing. I already have a 72 and 58 Canon R reversing ring and a couple of other Canon R mounts that were cheap to acquire.
  10. Schafphoto

Yep, I'm thinking of getting the worst Canon ever to be the aperture controller... The "Legendary" Canon IX-lite. (APS) It's tiny and lightweight plastic and I don't have to worry about keeping the battery charged. I should be able to find one for $7.00
  11. Schafphoto

Does the Fuji shift adapter have a rotating feature to do rise/fall and side/side?
  12. Schafphoto

I'm looking to mount my Canon 11-24 on a shift adapter on my Canon R. There is enough room for a rotating shift adapter, I'm cobbling one together from a Kipon EOS-Mam645 shift adapter by adding an EOS female mount to the 645 end and grinding a bunch of aluminum with my Dremel. I know I'm an...
  13. Schafphoto

Best alternative to 35mm Pentax 645 A using Mirex on A7rii?

Yes I'm not sure having a Contax 645 body around to change the aperture is going to be realistic. I need to find out how to stop down to f8 or f11 on a dumb adapter.
  14. Schafphoto

Can anyone tell me about the aperture control on the 35mm Contax 645 Distagon 3.5. It appears that the aperture is electronic. I see that there is an aperture ring on the lens but does this stop down the lens or is there a stop-down lever like on the 40mm Hasselblad T* Distagon? I'd like to use...
  15. Schafphoto

+1 From what I have heard anecdotally the Contax 35mm lenses (FX shift and 645) are very good. And there is a Hartblei superrotator 35mm available on Ebay. I too am very interested in responses to this query. I would love to get a 30-35mm lens for shift work on my A7R2. It is the gap between...
  16. Schafphoto

A7R III and 17 & 24 TS-E... what's the best adapter for that combo ?

You are just adding foil shims like others have shown online to move the lens out from the body?
  17. Schafphoto

A7R III and 17 & 24 TS-E... what's the best adapter for that combo ?

So, Archivue, what have you found with the Metabones 5 and the MC-11? I have a MB5 ad have the MC-11 on order. I have also been contemplating a Kolari vision ultrathin cover glass filter replacement because they can also remove the AA filter. I have not found a 28mm to 35mm lens that performs as...
  18. Schafphoto

HCam Master TS 11-24mm

I know it's been a while Chris, but did you ever get 28 and 35mm lens that you were happy with shifted? It seems like you tried a few. And if you don't mind sharing which ones didn't work for you that would be helpful too. I'm looking for a 28 and 35mm shift only lens solution and I don't want...
  19. Schafphoto

thoughts on architectural photography with Fujifilm GFX, image circle and lenses

Here's the link to the Hotel photos on Flickr at full resolution. Sharpening in Lightroom at 50, Chromatic Aberration Correction checked. No other clarity or vignetting correction applied. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmaqQN2Z