The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. KeithDM

Pentax K3 III & K1 II Test/Reviews

Had an email today from Sean Reid (Reid Reviews) in which he wrote:- "I published a review of the Pentax K3 III and K1 II tested side by side. This is the first in a new series of Pentax articles which will also include full side by side studio tests of these two cameras as well as full...
  2. KeithDM

Fun with Leica M Images 2022

I'll start the ball rolling, shall I? ;) Dusted off my somewhat neglected M240 yesterday and teamed it with my equally neglected 135mm APO-Telyt M f3.4.
  3. KeithDM

Sony A7 IV Unveiled: 33MP Sensor & ISO 200,000!

On the Sony Alpha forum.
  4. KeithDM

New APO-SUMMICRON-M 35 f/2 ASPH

Jono Slack's report on the new APO Summicron-M 35mm f2 ASPH. Leica UK announcement. Lock your wallets away! ;) PS - focuses down to 0.3m.
  5. KeithDM

Steel-Oil-Steam - With a 1886 Chapman ‘British’ 15x12" Camera

Earlier this week the RPS helps a Zoom session talk by Tom Evans (of Evans+Hulf) about his collaborative project with Terry Hulf using an 1886 Chapman ‘British’ 15” x 12” camera owned and restored by Tom Evans. The camera is fitted with its original Dallmeyer 15 x 12” Rapid Rectilinear lens...
  6. KeithDM

A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush

in the Hindu Kush sorry, on the Ridgeway (with apologies to Eric Newby). M10M, 21mm SEM, orange filter. From this afternoon's short walk. Looking down from Hackpen Hill. The view north The path ahead. Beech Hanger Looking west
  7. KeithDM

M10M @ ISO 64000

Yes, 64000, not 6400! Sitting at my desk last night & reading a thread about the M10M's hi-ISO capabilities, I picked up the camera (+ 50mm Summilux-M ASPH) and turned to my left take a photo diagonally across the room, the only light being a 40W desk-lamp behind me. The result below is at...
  8. KeithDM

Zeiss Loxia 25mm - Fit/Remove Problem

Part of an email sent to Zeiss regarding an issue with the lens:- Anybody else with this lens?
  9. KeithDM

Zeiss 50mm Touit Macro f2.8 on A6500

The lens arrived this morning so initial test shots are things that came to hand. Lightweight and compact (290g, 52mm filter thread) with a 1:1 image ratio. The A6500's IBIS make hand-holding at low shutter speeds very easy. First impressions are very favourable. Hope to be out & about with it...
  10. KeithDM

SEL14TC Compatibility?

The SEL14TC is listed as only being compatible with the Sony FE 70-200mm F/2.8 GM OSS and FE 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6 GM OSS. Curious to know why it is is not compatible with the FE 70-200 f4 G. Anyone know the reason?
  11. KeithDM

A6500 + FE 70-200mm f4 G - Overkill?

I'm looking for a longer reach to complement my existing E 16-70mm ZA. None of the E-mount APS-C longer zooms appeal - too much of an overlap with my 16-70 and they are limited regarding max aperture. Initially I considered the FE 70-300 f4.5/5.6 G but am not inspired by some of the tests...
  12. KeithDM

Anyone using Capture One Express for Sony?

I noticed that there was a leaflet with my A6500 offering a free download of Capture One Express for Sony cameras. Having been a long-time PS and LR user (now LR CC & PS on the subscription plan) I have occasionally wondered how Capture One compared and this download has at least given me the...
  13. KeithDM

Sony Firmware Updater a Major Security Risk?

Before buying my first Sony camera (A6500) in January, firmware updates for my other digital cameras had involved copying the firmware file to a memory card and updating the camera direct from the card. Thirty minutes or so after downloading/installing v1.05 for the A6500 using the (new to me)...
  14. KeithDM

A6500 test with Zeiss ZM 50mm Sonnar f1.5

Testing the combination at f1.5 for shallow DoF & bokeh (hand-held, 1/30sec). A few more examples
  15. KeithDM

A6500 with Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC DN

Took delivery of the Sigma lens this morning and as (yet again) it is pouring down, I took advantage of its f1.4 capability (which is mainly why I added it to the A6500 & E 16-70 ZA) to take some indoor shots. All hand held, natural light. Sony .ARW files imported into LR CC, built-in lens...
  16. KeithDM

A6500 with Leica M & R Lenses

For my own amusement and edification(!) I will be trying out various combinations of M & R lenses over a period of time on my new A6500. Steady-shot function set to ON & appropriate focal length chosen. The ones below are all with Novoflex adaptor then imported into LightRoomCC and 'Auto'...
  17. KeithDM

Any A6500 Users?

Have just taken delivery of an A6500 with E16-70mm ZA. For quite a while I've been toying with the idea of buying something lightweight and compact for strolling around doing the touristy things. Whilst I have a distinct preference for film particularly medium format, increasing decrepitness...