The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. O

Hasselblad, we have a (service) problem...

Of course! As I stated above, I am very happy for every owner who is enjoying his equipment. My point is not only about being extremely unlucky, but as well that the shown (non) communication of Hasselblad is not at all premium worthy. By the way, talking about missing paperwork, I have...
  2. O

Whole story took place in Hamburg, Germany. So actually very close to Sweden. Which should usually make turn around times quite fast. My dealer was extremely helpful and is shocked as well. They did everything to support me with these service cases and did more than a little extra work to keep...
  3. O

Dear all, I am really sad, but I wanted to share my unfortunate Hasselblad service history with you. Trying to keep it as emotionless as possible. Over the years I have bought a lot of equipment from Hasselblad, all started with the 4116 X1D special edition field kit. Over the X1D II and...
  4. O

Fuji GFX100s and "THAT" MF look

Let us make a list? I am getting the most 3D looking results with following input parameters: - huge dynamic range (this is where the bigger sensor play their game in my experience, the more f-stops the better) - shallow depth of field with the main characteristics like Makten described it...
  5. O

Fun with the Sigma fp and fp L

The EVF is amazing. Have bought it for my fp. Tend to use it most often when the sun is really bright. Often the LCD does suffice and keeps the profile low.
  6. O

Hasseblads with Mac laptops, anyone?

Hi Stella, may I ask how much free disk space your Mac has? Mac OS X slows down significantly if the drive where the OS is located has about 20 GB and less left. Other than that I can only confirm what the others have said, M1 Mac, no matter which one, are performing like crazy and Phocus is...
  7. O

Best portrait lens for Hasselblad 907X / CFV II 50C ???

Depends on your shooting style. The 90mm is a great and much smaller lens as well. However it needs more light and gives quite a lot less background separation. I had it and sold it to refinance the 80mm because I wanted a little bit more separation and the flexibility in less light situations...
  8. O

Hasselblad X1D II and Godox v860II flash?

The Nikon version should work in manual. Do not expect TTL or something similar. Wireless triggers of Godox in the Nikon version work perfectly in manual. Up to fastest shutter speed and reliable. Am using Godox 600 studio flashes for years now without issues.
  9. O

Got my GFX100s today.

Hi Frank, what I have read somewhere else, if you download an exif editor and change the entry from gfx100s to gfx100 you can import and edit the raws. ;-)
  10. O

Raw histograms and raw converters

There is a way for Lightroom to export one of your cameras DNG (just make sure the file is Adobe Standard processed) and load it into the Adobe DNG editor. You can change the curve to linear and save it as a new camera profile. Restart Lightroom and you can select it. This eliminates nearly all...
  11. O

Hasselblad X1D II

To give you one example of how I do it. Outside sky with white clouds. I measure for the brightness of the whitest cloud a spot metering of +2,6. That way the camera might think already that a certain amount of the whites are clipping and gives you a small amount of clipping warning in the image...
  12. O

XCD 80/1.9 lens: soft rattling noises?

Have received a new 80mm. The thump is gone. However the new one has exactly the same rotational play in the lens mount as the one before. Will consider this to be normal for the 80mm now... Although I like it better on my other lenses which sit really tight with no play. Total turnover time...
  13. O

x1d backfocus

Very welcome! The X1D focus ring is always on, even in AF. Meaning if you have focused and turn it ever so slightly, maybe due to your hand position the focus will shift. This is also something to keep in mind.
  14. O

x1d backfocus

Hi Dan, you have to put the camera in manual focus mode first. Then you can press the AF-L button and the camera will focus, shutter button will only trigger the shutter now. :)
  15. O

For internal focussing lenses that sounds quite common, indeed. However the 80mm is NOT internal focussing, it is a front focussing lens. It does the same thumb both connected and unmounted. Additionally mine had more play in the lens mount than any of my other XCD lenses. So they need to...
  16. O

To follow up on this topic. My 80mm now goes to Hasselblad either for direct replacement or for a express repair. Understood that no 80mm is available for delivery currently and replacement or express repair will be done in the factory. Since that must be Nittoh in Japan, I have the feeling that...
  17. O

Hasselblad 907x + CFVII 50c firmware update 1.4.0

Maybe you can try to go to the about menu where the camera firmware version is mentioned. Tab a couple of times on it and the camera should show a message telling you that more service items are now available. If you go to the service menu on the bottom there should be a new entry which is...
  18. O

Interesting feedback, have just recieved my brand new 80mm. It does the same, a gentle thumping when tilting quickly up and down. Does not matter if the unit is power on or not. It is working flawless however. I can also turn it rotationally in the locking mechanism and it has a very tiny amount...
  19. O

How about some portraits

Nice thread with beautiful pictures! :)
  20. O

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

Good points! In my opinion both the mount and the back together will be cheaper then the X1D II, seriously they have to. The back does not have GPS, or an EVF and should be easier to assemble as well... I cannot figure out a single reason why one should buy this combo over the X1D II if it would...