The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Please help! Card issue with Canon R6ii

I've not heard of Angelbird before, but I have great success with Lexar, SanDisk Extreme Pro and Sony SF-G cards.
  2. A

Generative AI and photography -- what will it mean for you?

The Future is here already: Aresenal 2 - The Intelligent Camera Assistant
  3. A

Generative AI and photography -- what will it mean for you?

Mean to me? Not a lot, honestly, I enjoy thinking, creating and doing for myself and having actual human friends. Mean for me, quite a lot I expect. Bruce Schneier has an article this week "AI and Trust" which provides a decent framework to begin to think about how AI and Chat/Prompt...
  4. A

Let's see some abstracts

Canon EOS M6 Mark II - 70mm F2.8 DG MACRO | Art - Image stack in Helicon Focus.
  5. A

Canon EOS-M APSC mirrorless officially discontinued in Japan

I agree, the sensor is a huge improvement for Canon. They struggled for years to catch up. As to the lack of dynamic range, for APS-C the M6 mk2 is very good. I've also made excellent photos with my Leica Typ006 and Sony α850 both of which have half a stop less DR than the M6. I use my best and...
  6. A

Landscapes

sunset tonight. EOS M6 mk2 with Otus 85 ZF.2
  7. A

How about more and more fun with Canon...

EOS M6 mk2 with Otus 85 ZF.2
  8. A

Share your Tree Photos

Been a while for me, but here are some EOS M6 mk2 shots: with 90mm f/2 summicron-m III with otus 1.4/85:
  9. A

Canon EOS-M APSC mirrorless officially discontinued in Japan

M6 mk2 is one of my favorite cameras. Best spatial resolution of any camera I own. Bought another one recently. Will probably buy a 3rd.
  10. A

Been a while for me, but here are some EOS M6 mk2 shots: with 90mm f/2 summicron-m III with otus 1.4/85:
  11. A

sunrise EOS M6 mk2 & Apo-Lanthar 50 VM at f/4.5
  12. A

After the blizzard EOS M6 mk2 & Apo-Lanthar 50 VM at f/4.5
  13. A

Which spirit level do you rely on, tripod head, camera or digital back?

I'm happy to see my experience is similar to all of the above, as none of the levels on the tripod, leveling base, Arca 75 head and internal camera will ever seem to agree. The Arca is fantastic for fine tuning though. Grid lines on live view is the answer for me too. Some on-camera HDMI...
  14. A

Unable to log into Phaseone.com profile

Is it a Capture One account, or a Phase One for Hardware? I had a similar experience as I hadn't logged in for over a year and they seem to have moved the Capture One accounts to https://www.captureone.com/en .
  15. A

A few more with the EOS M6 mk2 & APO-Lanthar asph - wide open at f/2:
  16. A

Canon M6 mk2 now with the remarkable Voigtländer 50 mm / 1:2,0 APO-Lanthar aspherical VM - at f/4.5 What a marvel the APO-Lanthar 50 VM is.
  17. A

My first Canon, my first post in the Canon forums and my first shot with the M6 mk2: Lens is a Leica Elmar-M 24 3.8 ASPH on Novoflex adapter. Shot at F/4.5 just below the M6's Diffraction Limited Aperture of F/4.6 Switching to the Walter Mandler Leica 90mm f/2 Summicron-M III ( 1990...
  18. A

Fun with MF images 2021

Recent works are posted @ 2160 pixels height to conform to 4K UHD/DCI standards. I discourage phone viewing as well. There are flying cars now, too.
  19. A

Fun with MF images 2021

snowstorm X1D & 45P & Hoya HD3 Circular Polarizer
  20. A

Fun with MF images 2021

late autumn rain X1D & 45P & Hoya HD3 Circular Polarizer Revisiting a scene from a year ago: Same November sunset rain with a different MF camera & lens combo.