The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Tripod Leveling with Legs

Excellent stuff!
  2. D

Fun with MF images 2024

Like Mt. Rushmore… From the Canadian side…
  3. D

xcd 38 experiences, and compared to 30 and 45

The pixels are sqrt of 2 (1.4x) larger in the lower resolution sensor.
  4. D

Did any one wonder....

As long as they stop before Phase IV…
  5. D

The XCD 90V isn't just Hasselblad's finest lens – it could be the finest lens we've ever tested

Sigma pushed the limit on weight-be-damned, fast, well-corrected lenses, but I take your point. More recently, the “I Series” lenses, which are premium, slower, compact primes are interesting.
  6. D

The XCD 90V isn't just Hasselblad's finest lens – it could be the finest lens we've ever tested

Roger Cicala’s team at Lens Rentals runs MTF tests on more lenses than anyone else in the world, I suspect. They test at least ten copies of each lens model and analyze the variances, and concluded IIRC, Canon was the tightest. Their podcasts, sadly discontinued, are very entertaining and...
  7. D

In the photo realm, I believe Canon has the lowest variance, followed by Sigma.
  8. D

Such a pretty car…. Seems like remarkably good visibility, as well/
  9. D

Another is that their supplier is constrained, or that some element of the lens is hard to get, though the latter seems less likely. Either way, the shortage must be slowing Hasselblad camera sales to some extent.
  10. D

You are probably right re. release date - the lens was announced then the release was delayed. I wonder why is production so slow? It does seem to be a wonderful lens.
  11. D

Sadly, the 90mm is still on “pre-order”, and is not available, more than a year after release. Any word on what is going on?
  12. D

Growing concern over availability of XCD (older style) and New V lenses

What do you think the strategy to bypass dealers like Capture Integration and sell Hasselblad direct to their customers?
  13. D

I assume that’s a royal “we”? Please just stop - you don’t know what you’re talking about.
  14. D

If you really want the conversation to end, why do you keep continuing it? You are correct when you say that my comments are not intended to enhance the image of Hasselblad, but I can speak only for myself. The certitude with which you have made your other statements is misplaced, however...
  15. D

Do you long to transition from MFD to LF?

35X35” should be pretty nice. 35 camera
  16. D

Hasselblad is making compelling cameras with amazing colors. Surely we can have a separate discussion about managerial decision-making and not get emotional. TechTalk goes on about how it besmirches the Hasselblad name to suggest that DJI has input on decision-making. He points to irrelevant...
  17. D

The confusion appears to be on your part, where you have conflated separate legal and accounting relationship with autonomy regarding decision-making. The thread is way off, and people are getting upset, understandably, so I will close with a rhetorical question. Did DJI or Hasselblad Sweden...