The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

Live view support for Capture One for iPad / iPhone Version 2.3.0

Hi Ray, Thanks for the info. I guess i'll keep dreaming. It's a shame that C1 seem to be concentrating more on enthusiast type users at the moment. C1 has always been the 'pro' solution but this seems far from pro. I love my IQ4 and the advantages it gives me but the C1/Phase parting (and...
  2. R

Ideally without having to purchase an appropriate iPad and the C1 software I’d like to weigh up whether this is a viable system for me so hopefully with you experience you can help me out here. My main issue is whether the iPad workflow will work well with session based workflow. Shooting to my...
  3. R

Remounting lens in Copal

That's what I have done but ideally the SINAR rig is used (a big heavy contraption with mounting points and dial gauges). Without the SINAR contraption there are so many variables to get right since you also have to have the coarse tilt correctly calibrated (and the shims in the rail locks which...
  4. R

Remounting lens in Copal

I'd be a bit concerned about not having the camera exactly perpendicular to the wall doing this, adding another vector for errors to creep in. I have been down a rabbit hole with that one trying to service a SINAR without a proper SINAR service setup — getting the standards into exact...
  5. R

Remounting lens in Copal

It's been a while since I did one but it was relatively easy to measure. I can't remember exactly but I think it was just a case of measuring from the edge of one blade to the intersection between blades on the opposite side of the aperture (the inner corner if you will). If you have another...
  6. R

Remounting lens in Copal

Agree. It's really only in the case that you have an already perfectly setup lens in one shutter and want it to match in another shutter that you'd do what I suggest. I also think if you had access to a proper test bench with a collimator it might be a more scientific way of adjusting the...
  7. R

Remounting lens in Copal

using a dial gauge/test indicator like I have explained is a lot more accurate than calipers. You'll easily get outside of the caliper tolerance just by not having them fully perpendicular to the shutter and reference surface. My decent Mitutoyo callipers only read to 0.02 mm anyway and that's...
  8. R

Remounting lens in Copal

That's a good point. I've only done a few different lenses and the shims were always on the front of the shutter, so the aperture is going to be closer to the rear element on average. My theory is that the shutters tend to be on the short side, intentionally. You can add shims to get correct...
  9. R

Remounting lens in Copal

Thanks! I can't really take much credit though, I think it's pretty basic kind of stuff that engineers do for precision measurements. Maybe using a brick, a Manfrotto super clamp and a magic arm as my gauge holder I can take credit for though.
  10. R

Remounting lens in Copal

What I have done, which is a little bit ghetto as they say, is to measure the length of the entire lens in the original shutter. If you can put it into the new shutter and match the measurement it should be good. I've done this with a dial gauge indicator which measures to 0.01 mm. With very...
  11. R

Intrepid Camera new lens and LF shutter project

Be great if they have some kind of wireless control of the shutter (bluetooth maybe?). That way it could be set and triggered from a phone or laptop, excellent whether you are shooting digital or LF. I hope they make a copal 0 size that will fit my 35XL and 28HR
  12. R

Intrepid making new lens with mech shutter

I'm really interested to see what they come up with. And if they can scale it down to Copal 0, for a reasonable price i'll take four.
  13. R

That's probably why we don't have zero latency mode either. I have no regrets getting the IQ4 but could actually shoot a lot faster on my Credo using Copal. I never foresaw that as being a problem but trying to catch an expression/movement (people in scenes, architectural photography) is quite...
  14. R

What do we want to see in the next generation of digital backs and MF cameras?

I reckon the addition of the new Hasselblad back and the existing IQ4-150 make a good case for it (SK return). I'd be in line for a 28, 43 and 60. Either way I don't need a higher res back and P1 already has an edge in that regard so why make it higher — even if extra resolution doesn't have any...
  15. R

Digital medium format in 2024 – it's not dead!

I paid about 33K Euro including tax for a new IQ4-150 last year (with 5 year up time warranty). Just ask for a deal, there's a big difference between list price and what you pay. It's still a lot but nowhere near 50K. I may have considered the new Hasselblad if it was available but would rather...
  16. R

Not sure I follow your logic, agreeing but stating it isn't necessary? "most of the time" won't work for me if I have people or cars in the frame — people that look like they are leaning backwards when they are only walking or horribly distorted cars. If it could do 1/2000 with no rolling...
  17. R

Global shutter (before anyone shoots me down on this, I mean when the quality is not compromised) is the big on for me. I reckon that would also allow for some tricky frame averaging/exposure + type approaches to be implemented that help improve DR too. And as to 2. Coded functions and UI...
  18. R

Fuji GF 30mm Tilt Shift and Rodenstock 32mm HR Digaron-W Lens Comparison

They probably won't, but given the way technology has advanced with 3D printing and things like desktop fabrication (from CNC milling to circuit board production), it doesn't always take a big (or just established) player to deliver solutions anymore. I think the Fringer guy is a good example. I...
  19. R

Also wanted to add something about the DR debate that has surfaced in this thread, and also the 'medium format is not dead' thread — both have gone bonkers and I forget which thread I am reading pretty quickly. No idea what the new Fuji sensor is like for DR, I'm sure it's amazing, but as far as...
  20. R

I think a few people (maybe me, this thread has gone wild) made a similar comment about adapting for use with digital backs on tech camera. I think that would be great just to put some pressure on Rodenstock to up their game or at least have more competitive pricing. Just wishful thinking on my...