The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. H

The great tripod & head thread!

A Compact Ultralight Tripod and Head Setup at Workable Height under $150: Marsace XT-26S + Highlights S2QX I am always on the lookout for a functional, lightweight, and compact setup, especially when it comes to a support system. Zodiacphoto has conducted a thorough three-way comparison...
  2. H

Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed these tidbits. As it happened, one of my past lives was doing experimental research on flow dynamics. While I missed it at times, I am happier where I am, dealing with basic math in daily engineering work :D.
  3. H

Nerd talk about Tripod's CF material and technical info It's essential to note that there's a lack of standardized testing among photography tripod brands. So that is why there is little actual technical info out there. DaveTCC mentioned that the torsion stiffness of tubes increases in...
  4. H

FS: Rollei Lion Rock 20 Mark II Tripod (Similar stability to Gitzo GT2542)

Check out this sleek and sturdy tripod. The Rollei Lion Rock Traveler L (the traveler version of this) underwent rigorous testing by Fototest, a reputable German photography magazine, alongside the Gitzo GT2545T (the traveler version of the Gitzo Mountaineer GT2542). The verdict? The Rollei...
  5. H

The FLM GX ball head series intrigued me due to its lightweight design for its class. FLM already has a great reputation with the previous CB series and with the promises of a ground-up and improved design of the GX series, I decided to get one to try. I actually got the G47 without the 15o stop...
  6. H

Nikkor 135/1.8 S Plena

Currently having too much fun with the Sony GM 50/1.2, but with this series, I can see myself getting a Z8. Nikon did put a lot of work into this to minimize the optical vignetting while keeping it still in line in terms of weight and size with the other brands. That's not an easy feat. Too bad...
  7. H

Fun with Sony Cameras 2023

I'm currently smitten with the fantastic GM 50 1.2 lens on this setup. It beautifully combines modern optics with just the right amount of aberrations for a delightful rendering.
  8. H

I've been utilizing the stiffness scores provided by TCC (https://thecentercolumn.com/rankings/) in conjunction with various tripod reviews, notably the one from Dpreview (https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/tested-six-large-tripods-for-heavy-duty-use), to strategically select the best 2-3 tripods...
  9. H

Having fun with this combo atm...
  10. H

FS: Leofoto Mr.Q LQ-365C + LH-47

Leofoto Mr. Q is one of the most advanced and flexible series in Leofoto tripod line-up. You can quickly swap out the base plate for the center column (included) or the optional leveling base. The Apex was made out of 7075 Alu alloy for rigidity. The carbon fiber is the latest 3rd gen. Leofoto...
  11. H

FS: Price Dropped - Arca Swiss Monoball p0 Hybrid Ball Head with Classic Quick Release

In a perfect working condition. Used it mainly indoors. Only signs of use on the knobs, the body is great condition. There is no play/blacklash on the gearing, and the action is super smooth. One axis is stiffer to turn than other (came like that from factory). There is no box. Asking $600 net...
  12. H

WTB: Markins TH-230, RRS TA-2U-LB Leveling Base, Arca Swiss Core 75 ClicPan

Hi all, I'm looking for these three items: Markins TH-230, RRS TA-2U-LB Leveling Base, and Arca Swiss Core 75 ClicPan. Let me know if you have one for sale. Thank you.
  13. H

FS: Gitzo GT0545T, Feisol CM-1443 Rapid Monopod

Gitzo GT-0545T with custom spikes and the short column and FLM Centerball 24 Asking $250 shipped, insured and Paypal'd within CONUS. Elsewhere is extra. Feisol CM-1443 Rapid Monopod with Feisol bag. Asking $60 shipped, insured and Paypal'd within CONUS. Elsewhere is extra.
  14. H

WTB: CV Heliar 40/2.8 and Leica Macro Elmar 90

I'm looking to get both of these lenses. Hit me up if you have one for sale. Thank you.
  15. H

WTB: Sony FE 50 1.4

I'm looking to get a Sony FE 50 1.4. Let me know if you have one for sale. Thank you.
  16. H

FS: Sony FE 50 Macro

Excellent condition: no dings or nicks on the exterior. Glass is in perfect condition. The lens functions normally. Selling cause I just got the CV 65. $380 net shipped w/in CONUS. Any extra is on the buyer. Thank you.