The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. O

Is it worth to get a 28mm lens from a new brand?

The YouTuber Matt Osborne compares the Thypoch Simera 28mm f1.4 lens to the Voigtlander Nokton 28mm f1.5 lens for Leica Mount. He took the Simera 28mm f/1.4 and his Leica M10 to London for street photography, and compared Simera 28mm f/1.4 with Voigtlander Nokton 28mm f/1.5 in terms of...
  2. O

Got a new companion for Sony FX30

But the sensor sizes differ, the Simera 28mm f1.4 lens is full frame, while the Sony FX30 is Super 35. Turn to attach it on the Sony A7M4 and have some shots.
  3. O

A new 50mm lens showed up at CP+2024? Anyone can explain it more?

I recently wanted to bring a 50mm lens to my collection for its similarity to the view we can see with our eyes. With the focus on the CP+ 2024 in Japan, I caught a glimpse of this 50mm lens from a new brand on Twitter and Google. Somebody said it is a collapsible lens emulating the design of...
  4. O

Close-ups shot on Leica cameras

Does anybody like taking macros such as flowers with Leica cameras. This photo is shot on the Simera 28mm f/1.4. Love that extraordinary details,
  5. O

The reason to buy a 28mm lens

For me, a 28mm lens means nearly everything for photography. It is wide enough for taking landscape photography, and close enough to capture portraits. Futhermore, for a person enjoying travel, a 28mm mirrorless lens is compact and easy to carry on the go.
  6. O

New 35mm f/1.4 lens for Leica M

Making its debut at Photopia in September and launched in October, Simera 35mm has sparked attention among vintage lovers who however didn't know so much about the lens. And now fstopper's writer CS Muncy has got his hands on the Simera 35mm and here is his appraisal about this new lens. Click...