The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Old lenses: Canon 28-80mm 2.8-4 L

IMHO, it's an interesting lens, if you like an old style glass. Quite heavy when compared to the 24-105, but same as the RF 24-70 f/2.8 (weight, not performance!). I took it for a late afternoon/night session in the Vatican City, and had a lot of fun using it. Colors are right, bokeh is pleasant...
  2. A

Rome and some Angenieux…

Hi Jules! Honestly I have no idea since have no info about the Auricon mount (i.e., at least the size of the mount). The only option I could seek is trying to use the Arri adapter (as you can see from post #2 it's large enough to accomodate large lenses). More, you could carefully try to...
  3. A

Rome and some Angenieux…

Sorry for answering so slowly... I'm still waiting for the 8-48mm to come back from Adriano!
  4. A

This summer will need a 300mm - suggestions

Canon FD 300mm f/4.5, used on eBay, $ 100 with its 2x Canon Extender 2X-B: If you add the 2nd extender (2X-A), you get this: This is not a correct configuration, but it's still fascinating...
  5. A

Rome and some Angenieux…

Actually it was reading your impressions that I realized a made a steal with this Angie ($ 100 for 4 lenses...) :D
  6. A

Rome and some Angenieux…

Let me conclude with the less extreme but very serious Angenieux 17-68mm f/2, that is a C-mount, instead. Have fun! :)
  7. A

Rome and some Angenieux…

I mentioned the Angie 12-120mm f/2.2, and here we have something for “him” too. …
  8. A

Rome and some Angenieux…

Let’s start with the Angenieux 5.9mm f/1.8. ...
  9. A

Rome and some Angenieux…

Let me add that I couldn’t resist and bought almost 40 different lenses, mostly C-mount (the 25mm Tevidon, for example, a 10mm Kern Switar with a Century Optics 0.5X adapter that makes an high-end fish eye effect, or 3 Angenieux 10mm f/1.8 retrofocus, a Cosmicar 4.5mm f/1.8, to name a few), but...
  10. A

Rome and some Angenieux…

Hi guys from Rome, Italy! I’d like to show some of the capabilities that “old” lenses have, taking for granted that many among you already know this. But, you know, sometimes actual experiences may help for… a new rush for buying! Let me start from my present going-nuts-derive for the M4/3: I...