The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. F

A9: coming soon to you ...

there are people out there producing images with my existing cameras that I'll never be able to match. I'll be on the sucker list for a new A9, but the probable outcome will be: 1.) same quality of images; 2.) smaller bank account.
  2. F

Fun w/Digital M Images

SF on XMAS
  3. F

How about more and more fun with Canon...

nice, but where are the fans??
  4. F

Fun with Nikon Images

local swimming meet
  5. F

The Review the world has been waiting for ...

i enjoy reading all reviews on cameras and lenses i'm considering--one reviewer might pick up something useful that another feels irrelevant. the decision to buy or pass on gear is mine. i know the kind of work i do for myself and what I need to deliver for paid assignments--which is 95% of...
  6. F

D4s... I hate this

D4s is awesome. as for hockey i need 1200 shots to get 30 good ones. a D4s is perfect for the job. blast away!
  7. F

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R BCPeople_20130205_0030.jpg
  8. F

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R /Users/bobstanton/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/Masters/2014/02/10/20140210-160519/BCPeople_20130205_0030.jpg
  9. F

So, are you bothered?

have the a7r and sony 35 works great love: being able to shoot an image and immediately send via wifi from a phone--use this all the time for test shots. small fun camera and easier than carrying around the 1Dx's and lens!
  10. F

Some great photos in the ni hall of fame.

Those images look great to me. Make great posters or calendars.
  11. F

Canon 200-400 f/4 finally announced!

I use mine in dark venues. No noisy images. Like it better than my 400 2.8. Very sharp
  12. F

Canon 200-400 f/4 finally announced!

Love mine!!!
  13. F

Why I am Impressed with the Sony A7R

i shot it, and it's noisy. otherwise very nice. still have order in.
  14. F

Digital Nikon FM2

fixed screen? oh well, I don't care, i never figured out how to change it anyway. the camera looks too cool to pass up. think of all the people who will come up and ask where do you get film developed? i want a black one.
  15. F

Digital Nikon FM2

wow, that is beautiful. would love to carry one around. to tell the truth any more than 16MP won't make a bit of difference in the pictures i take. nice looking camera. can't wait to see one at the local store when it shows up. too bad they can't make a memory card that looks like a film...
  16. F

Photographing from a boat

i shoot mavericks (big wave surf) from a boat or jet ski--lots of rock and roll. all you have to do is shoot at a high speed. if you are shooting day light, like the photos you posted, s/b no problem on the east river...maybe helicopter would be better view? just shoot at a high speed.
  17. F

Glad I resisted the urge to upgrade to the M240

can't argue with Leica owners! they do make great products. Leica does need to get their act together if they wish to continue to compete. It was silly of them to introduce the M240 without the production capacity to meet the demand of loyal M9 owners--many that wished to upgrade. Easy...
  18. F

Glad I resisted the urge to upgrade to the M240

more true than ever: you pay an extremely high premium for the Leica brand and limited production. this does not equate to getting the best product in the market. competition among manufacturers is wonderful for us and Leica is falling further behind. I hope all the capital they are spending...
  19. F

A7 or A7r

can't wait for my A7r to show up. plan to use it for assignment work internationally. tired of lugging D4's and even D800's into jungles or through airports. i will keep the Rx1 for times when i need a quiet shutter--which is frequent when shooting in the middle east. loud shutters attract...
  20. F

9 years and still...

the customers i serve want images from the event i am covering as soon as it happens. my D4 along with my apple mac allow me to get those images on the wire as fast as my competitors can. when the event is over, 30-40 images have been sent, fully captioned, i pack up and go home to a beer...