The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Lumix GX8

According to this review it also suffers from Shutter shock. I'm just passing this on as I had hoped the problem had been solved on the GX8 http://photobyrichard.com/reviewbyrichard/panasonic-lumix-gx8-review/
  2. D

Lumix GX8

I'm wondering if the increased bulk may help alleviate the shutter bounce/blur situation. if it does I'm tempted, as I've ditched Fuji and looking for a set up for my agency work. David
  3. D

RX100 l and ll firmware updates

Sony eSupport - DSC-RX100 - Support Sony eSupport - DSC-RX100M2 - Support
  4. D

Olympus EM5-II

We'll know in February https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=RdTpmrcqI60&x-yt-cl=84503534
  5. D

Photoshop Camera Raw 8.5 for CC Release Candidate

Download Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.4 for CC Beta - Adobe Labs David
  6. D

Photos to make your spirit soar.

BBC News - A 13-year-old eagle huntress in Mongolia Made mine anyway David
  7. D

GAS & Mirrorless - Revisited with Humble Pie

I really enjoyed that little read. I need a pick me up as I've just returned coughing and spluttering from the midlands. Heavy pollution in Nottingham was worse than Beijing, I'm informed. Certainly knocked me back and I'm currently on 1000mg a day of antivirals which hopefully will stop the...
  8. D

Adobe Camera Raw v 8.4 is now available

Camera Raw 8.4 and DNG Converter 8.4 now available David
  9. D

Adobe Camera Raw 8.4 now available

Camera Raw 8.4 and DNG Converter 8.4 now available I've been useing the bete version and been happy with it with my X-E1 David
  10. D

What RAW processor are you using for X-E2 or X-T1 files?

I started using Capture One Express 7, which I bought when it was on offer. However, I found the files came out far too soft for my liking and that the out of camera jpegs were much better and accepted by my stock agency. I tried Capture One's pre sharpening presets but they weren't enough...
  11. D

Fuji family photo update

But if you could only have one of them. Which would it be? David
  12. D

X-T1 light leak is easily fixed by fuji

It seems Fuji are already on it in the UK Light Leak: Fujifilm announces fix and free repair service | Fuji Rumors
  13. D

Light Leak: Fujifilm announces fix and free repair service | Fuji Rumors "The affected X-T1 include the following serial numbers: from the 41002001 to 41006000." This may be Japanese numbers affected.
  14. D

There's been a lot of talk about this around the internet and it seems it's an easily fixed problem. Fuji Australia Responds to light leaks on X-T1: Fujifilm X System / SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review I've heard there's another light leak poossibility around the focus assist light...
  15. D

Fuji X-T1 - Greens and jpg files - help please?

Would love one but I'm currently having a visitor from down the road who thinks I already have one;) X-E1 18-55
  16. D

Fuji X-T1 - Greens and jpg files - help please?

Couple of shots with greens and 100% crops from each image. X-E1 with 18-55 "0" sharpening. If I were Jono, with the other cameras he has, I think I'd get a refund and continue with what he has which give him results he's not happy with. So I am impressed he's pursuing the issue:thumbs: David
  17. D

Fuji X-T1 shows up on Fuji's site

Yes things are good and it's even stopped raining down here in Devon. Well it still is raining just not a continual downpour so it seems it's stopped. Glad to hear about the cat. Re anything useful to say etc, I'm just interested in your views and often drop in on your posts. What I want is a...
  18. D

Fuji X-T1 shows up on Fuji's site

Be interested in your views, as you know I'm happy in Fujiland and currently contemplating upgrading to either X-E2 or X-T1. However, X-E1 is keeping me going in my retirement and as I only submit to Alamy these days, there's no rush to move on. David
  19. D

Your own personal XF lens roadmap ...

I'm contemplating replacing my 14mm and 18-55 with the proposed 16-55 f2.8 if it turns out to be optically as good as other top line fuji lenses. This would cover most of my requirements and I would have the 55-200 should I need to go long. The 14mm is a great lens but I'm personally happier...
  20. D

Fuji X-Pro1 TTL bounce flash options?

Took this based on my Amazon review of the EF-42 This is a basic budget flash gun and OK. It has has a "plasticy" feel to it and the battery door is fragile so needs care when opening and closing. It's certainly isn't a Professional grade flash unit, but your not paying enough for one of them...