The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Electric fence

Kentmere 400 @ISO 320, Wehner Developer C.P. Goerz Berlin Telegor 6.3/240mm @f/6.3 (made in 1921) Nikon F4s
  2. A

Sony ILCE 7 with Rodenstock Sinaron Digital 135mm f/5.6

I used f/11 for all three samples, Sony ILCE 7, ISO 200, 24 MP Cambo Actus, Novoflex Castel Ratio ~1.3:1
  3. A

DIY made Struss Pictoral Lens

I made for the 35mm format a softfocus lens similar to the Carl Struss Pictoral Lens. A very famous softfocus lens, made in USA in the 1920th. It were available with normal glass lens and with quartz glass as well. It has only one single glass element and an aperture in front of it. For using...
  4. A

Zeiss Ikon Contarex Microscope Camera & Zeiss F-Distagon 16mm f/2.8

Zeiss Ikon made a few Contarex bodies exspecially for using with microscopes, it has no finder and no lightmeter, just a body and a focal plain shutter with speeds of 1-1/500 sec, B, T It has the special mount for the microscope photo tubus and a long flange focus rigister, around 36mm. That is...
  5. A

Leafes

Test shot with Fuji x-ray film UM-MA in 18x24cm format Schneider G-Claron 9/210mm (Dagor Type) @f/22 Toyo Field 810M
  6. A

F/S Soligor Telephotolens 4/105mm Leica M39 mount

A very rare Soligor lens. It is a rangefinder coupled lens, very solid made and with excellent optical quality. A very interesting focus length. Clean and clear glass, focus and aperture are working perfect. Price is 149 Euros plus shipping costs. Located in Germany.
  7. A

Voigtlander Heliar 4.5/83mm

This week I finished the rehousing for my Voigtlander Heliar 4.5/83mm The lens is out of a rare Voigtlander camera, made in 1928, I guess it is a Bessa 129 which has the frame size 5x8cm. Here´s a picture of a similar camera in much better condition: The lens cells are srewed in an old Compur...
  8. A

Kinoptik Tegea 9.8mm f/1.8 with Leica M3

The sample is from 1996 when I got a Kinoptik Tegea 9.8mm with Arriflex ST mount. I wanted to know how large the image circle of this lens really is and so I have to made an adapter to use the lens with my Leica M3 DS because the lenses ist not usable with a reflex camera, except the Arriflex 35...
  9. A

News from Middle Earth, pictures of willows

I found this trees not far away from my home and I saw they are marked with a white cross. Not a good sign, it means that they are for cutting down. That`s the reason I have to make some pictures of it. THis pollard willows are very old, since the 1960th no one cutting the heads of it. The...
  10. A

Nikon F4 with quartz glass lens, DIY

The lens has only one single element with 75mm and I used full open aperture f/3.2 With the quartz glass the whole spectral band of the film were used, incl. the unvisible UV light <370nm This light has a different focus point than the visible light. This gives a second picture but very thin...
  11. A

Old lenses, post your samples

Please don´t hesitate to post your own samples here, I know that a lot of photographers find it interesting to see picture taken with old lenses. I prefer the uncoated ones, made earlier than 1945. Here it is possible to find lenses which are not only sharp, this ones have unique...
  12. A

Fun with Nikon V1 / 10MP are enough

I´am still a fan of the pretty small Nikon 1 cameras and lenses, and yes the 10 MP of the V1 are enough for me. Nikkor 30-110 @51mm full open, ISO 100
  13. A

Micro Nikkor Ai 200mm f/4 with D700

I made some sample shots with this combination and I must say the old MF lens is good usable with a digi cam as well
  14. A

New book for download

Hi all, I finished my fist book about standard lenses and it is now ready for free download. 233 sides, 45MB Please enjoy! https://drive.google.com/file/d/13EoQBY8BLFmkEFEY30dRjPDdf5gyGjhY/view?usp=sharing
  15. A

New book for download

Hi all, I finished my fist book about standard lenses and it is now ready for free download. 233 sides, 45MB Please enjoy! https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Eo...ew?usp=sharing
  16. A

New book for download

Hi all, I finished my fist book about standard lenses and it is now ready for free download. 233 sides, 45MB Please enjoy! https://drive.google.com/file/d/13EoQBY8BLFmkEFEY30dRjPDdf5gyGjhY/view?usp=sharing
  17. A

Steinheil Triplar 50mm f/2.8 on Fuji X-E1

Now finished, my Steinheil Triplar. One of only three known coated lenses of the 50mm version. I made a Leica M39 socket for it incl. the rangefinder coupling. This mount is universal for me to use my rehoused lenses with every mirrorless camera, incl. Leica
  18. A

My new toys for Leica etc.

Here are my new toys I gave a new live for Leica or mirrorless cameras. Apo Skopar 88mm f8 in Leica Elmar 90mm mount, Dallmeyer Max-Lite 2 1/2" Leica M39 mount, Taylor&Hobson 2" f1,6 in Leica M39 mount, Rodenstock Karat-Heligon 50mm f2.0 in Leica OTZFO universal helix, macro 1:2, Rodenstock...
  19. A

Fun with the X-E1 and AGFA Solagon 50mm f/2

Today I got the Fuji X - Leica M adapter and I must try my AGFA Solagon 50mm f/2 It is a lens out of a Karat 36 which were completely damaged but I saved the lens cells, mount'em in a diaphrame barrel and turn an adapter to screw in in a Leica focus tupe. Now I can use this nice lens in a focus...
  20. A

Schneider Xenon 25mm F0.95 c-mount for sell

I want to sell my near mint Schneider lens. Ideal for avaible light situations. The lens comes incl. both original caps and the Schneider carton. Price is $950 incl. worldwide express airmail shipping. Payment via PayPal.