The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. chrism

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

The Zuiko "Noctilux" 50mm/f1.2, on an OM-2n with XP2 @200 in Diafine:
  2. chrism

Autumn leaves Olympus Pen-FV, 42mm/f1.2, Superia 400, Argentix presskit, Nikon 9000 scan.
  3. chrism

More half-frame fun with Superia 400, the Pen-FV and a 100mm/f3.5 lens (equivalent 140mm in full frame). Perhaps I can kick him off: And I'll shove back: Peace at last:
  4. chrism

Those two squirrels eventually, but briefly, tolerated each other. Pen-FV, 100mm/f3.5, Superia 400:
  5. chrism

Orchid opening up: OM-2n, 80mm macro and Auto-tube-T, Superia 400
  6. chrism

Squirrel fight OM-2n, 85-250mm, Superia 400
  7. chrism

Quietly waiting their turn... OM-2n, 50mm/f1.2, Superia 400
  8. chrism

Soon it will be Twelfth Night and this kind of thing can come down:
  9. chrism

OM-2n, 80/2, Portra 400, 39º
  10. chrism

Cactus OM-2n, 80mm macro plus auto-tube, Portra 400, 39º processing (the cactus came out purple with room temp!)
  11. chrism

Your Fulvia has a better tailor than my Miata!
  12. chrism

I think if just do a few seconds at a time and stick a thermometer in the solution after each blast it should be safe enough.
  13. chrism

First resident has moved into the new house: Room temp C-41 again. Someone suggested I heat the chemicals in the microwave and process at 39º. This would be very quick compared to a water bath. How come I didn't think of that?
  14. chrism

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, Dave. Sometimes it is therapeutic to immerse yourself in something and take a break from processing, mentally, what has happened. Aspen & birch F6, 28/1.4, Portra 400, room temp process.
  15. chrism

Couple with the Zuiko 80mm macro and auto-tube. OM-2n, 80mm/2,8 macro, auto-tube, Portra 400, 39ºC processing
  16. chrism

Room temp developed Portra 400. Thomas putting out bread for his ravens. All gone within a couple of minutes! F6, 28/1,4, Portra 400.
  17. chrism

Pippa's Jeep Pen-FV, 42/1.2, Acros 100, Diafine.
  18. chrism

I've just reminded myself this isn't my first try at room temp C-41 at all - in 2016 I did a roll of Superia 400 by diluting the CD 1+5, agitating for 30 seconds every ten minutes for 50 minutes total. I got real greens that time:
  19. chrism

I'll do another Portra 400 at the usual temp and compare. The crossover type cast could not be fixed in all frames, skin tones were a bit yellowish and greenery was originally purple and after adjustment got as far as brown, but never actually green. This isn't good enough to tolerate all the...
  20. chrism

After a three year break from C-41, I did a roll of Portra 400 today, using the room temperature technique. Scanned RAW with Nikon 9000, and ColorPerfect (in PhotoLine, not PS) used to invert. All had a bit of extra purple that had to be adjusted with temperature and tint. But it was quite easy...