The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. pegelli

Topaz Denoise AI experiment

This week I took a photo of two gyrfalcon chicks in a very dark room, and auto iso determined that the max I had set (25600) was needed. Obviously the image came out quite noisy. So I did a comparison between a Lightroom denoise setting of 50 (already quite severe imo) and exporting the full...
  2. pegelli

(Poor man's) shift vs. software perspective correction

3 photos of a fully renovated house in Oostende, converted to four appartments. Version 1: Version 2: Version 3: All Sony A6000 + E10-18/4 This was an experiment to see if there are any significant differences between photo with a shift lens vs. one which is perspective corrected with...
  3. pegelli

My Konica Minolta 5D died today :(

Unfortunately my Konica Minolta 5D from January 2006 passed away this afternoon. After almost 15 1/2 years the cruel First Frame Black issue struck resulting in mostly black or half black frames and a need to cycle the power switch. It still takes a normal photo in less than 1/3 of the shots...
  4. pegelli

"New Posts" button under "What's New" not working

I get this response: " A server error occurred. Please try again later. "
  5. pegelli

Nudes and NSFW contains a lot of threads that don't belong there

There's a lot of threads still under the "Nudes and NSFW section" that don't belong there (no people, everybody dressed and perfectly safe for work) . This is probably caused by renaming/rearranging several forums. I hope it will be fixed and these threads will find a better home.
  6. pegelli

Moderator Approval needed?

I posted a photo here and it now says: "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors." Is that normal?
  7. pegelli

LA-EA5, a mirrorless adapter that AF's old(er) screw drive lenses

Sony product page DPReview Press Release No pellicle mirror and no "bulge" underneath like the LA-EA4. Currently only for the Sony A7Riv and A6600, hopefully with a firmware upgrade also on other (older) bodies in the future.
  8. pegelli

Always a bad idea to store all your photo's in just one location

https://www.reviewgeek.com/51298/adobe-accidentally-wiped-users-photos-and-presets-with-a-lightroom-update/ Not a good performance by Adobe but it shows again that having multiple independent backups of your photo's is a good idea :lecture:
  9. pegelli

New Laowa 9 mm FF f5.6 rectilinear lens

Laowa just announced a 9 mm FF f5.6 rectilinear lens: See here So they're now taking over the bragging rights from Voigtländer for having the "widest" rectilinear, beating the Hyper Wide Heliar 10/5.6 by 1 mm. It's available in Leica L and M mounts, Sony FE and Nikon Z. Strangely Canon R...
  10. pegelli

Can a mod please kill user "anhtuvp"

He's relentlessly spamming the visitor message utility. As far as I'm concerned he needs to be booted to outer cyberspace and his IP address blocked :angry::angry:
  11. pegelli

New Sony FE 20 mm f 1.8

https://www.sony.com/electronics/camera-lenses/sel20f18g
  12. pegelli

Mountains of the south of Spain

Two from our mountain walks in Spain (Málaga region) last year, much more to see (and do) there then just lying on the beach. Sierra de Mijas Sierra de las Nieves (near Casarabonela) Both Sony A6000 + E 18-105/4 G
  13. pegelli

DTcommercialphoto.com article: "10 resons to choose MF"

I got an email today directing me to this article about the 10 reasons to choose Medium Format: https://www.dtcommercialphoto.com/10-reasons-to-choose-a-medium-format-digital-camera/ I think most of the stated reasons are true if you're striving for the ultimate technical quality and don't...
  14. pegelli

Who needs more than 6 MP?

At least for posting photo's on the web :lecture: :LOL: I dusted off my KonicaMinolta 5D (from 2006), which I retired (but didn't selll) when I got my Sony A850 in 2010 and only was sporadically used since then by my kids and a few shots by me. But it still works flawlessly, the viewfinder is...
  15. pegelli

Some questions on Olympus EP-3 and lenses

A friend gave me an Olympus EP-3 with a 45/1.8 lens. I especially like the small form factor and image quality seems fine as long as you stay at the lower iso's. So it might become a camera to take with me when I want to travel very light. I have no MFT experience, so hereby a few questions...
  16. pegelli

Article about Sony on SLR lounge

https://www.slrlounge.com/the-sony-story-no-one-tells-not-even-sony-its-not-in-our-nature-to-snuff-out-the-fire/ Interesting read, and also interesting that the first reaction on an article about the strategy and vision of Sony comes straight from the "menu complaints echo chamber" :LOL:
  17. pegelli

Fotojam 2016

Last weekend I participated in the 2nd edition of "FotoJam", this is a challenge where you go into one of 15 cities (13 in the Netherlands and 2 in Belgium) and shoot pictures for 10 assignments. Like last year I went into Antwerp and here's my 10 assignment results (all A6000 with E28/2...
  18. pegelli

New FE 50/2.8 macro

New FF E-mount 50/2.8 macro lens announced
  19. pegelli

A bad case of color moire, what to do?

Got this on a picture last weekend (1:1 screenshot from Lightroom) Are there any methods or tools which can remedy this? I tried the moire brush in LR but that didn't achieve anything useful. It was shot with a NEX6 + E20/2.8