The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Did Firewire tethered with IQ backs stop working with MBP Retina?

Am I missing something here? I can not get firewire tethering to work with my new MBP Retina, using the Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter going to the IQ 140 back. The back shows charging for a few seconds, but C1Pro does never recognize the back. MBP running 10.9.1, IQ firmware 5.10.1...
  2. P

Warning: C1 6.4 crashes under MacOS 10.7.4

I just upgraded to MacOS 10.7.4 and upon restart Capture One 6.4 crashes on startup (MBP latest generation). There is nothing special about my setup, never used the FileVault (which had security bugs that are now supposedly fixed in 10.7.4). Clearly something else has changed as well. Really...
  3. P

Good News for Optechs Digital customers

I just received this information from Paul Slotboom at Optechs Digital, really good news. Ted is a first rate guy and I feel reassured of continuing good service from a west coast Alpa/PhaseOne dealer :thumbs:. Cheers, -Peter Bear Images is opening an office in Seattle and they have hired...
  4. P

Alpa lens discount

Alpa is giving a 10% discount on lenses, due to the strong exchange rate. It appears it will be temporary, but now is a good time to buy....:) Link Cheers, -Peter
  5. P

FS: Nikon F2/DP1 - a classic.

A CLASSIC CAMERA. Nikon F2 with DP-1 meter. Very good condition, with only a few marks of use (see pictures). Meter works, but needs batteries. A solid work-horse, a bargain: $250 (including Paypal and shipping to confirmed Paypal US address). Please let me know if you have any questions...
  6. P

Leica items: UV/IR filter, M-grip, protector case etc.

Misc. Leica items for sale. Prices include PayPal and shipping to confirmed US Paypal addresses only., 1) Leica E39 UV/IR cut filter in original box of issue. Used, but very clean with no marks. $50 2) Leica Camera Protector for M8 (and presumably M9) (14869). In box of issue, use a few times...
  7. P

Withdrawn: Leica M2 Original BLACK Paint

COLLECTORS ITEM. Leica M2, original black paint, correct serial number for last black paint production in a series of 300 cameras from 1965. Total black paint M2 production only about 1850. In perfect working condition, but slower shutter speeds may need adjustment. Condition B/B+, $4000...
  8. P

FS: Canham DLC45 Field Camera + 3 lenses kit

Canham DLC45 all-metal 4x5 technical field camera for sale. Specifications on KB Canham's site here. Excellent condition, bellows clean and light-tight. Slight wear on the front standard lens-board lock-flange (see picture), otherwise just very slight normal wear. Also, included is a Cambo Hood...
  9. P

SOLD: Leica M6

Leica M6 (serial 17602xx) in excellent condition, with minimal wear. There are two small scratches on the battery compartment cap, and a minor blemish to the left of the rewind switch, and on the rewind button (all visible in the pictures). Comes with original box of issue, including unused...
  10. P

FS: Leica Summicron 35/2 (version 4) Wetzlar

Leica 35mm Summicron-M f2 (pre ASPH) (version 4), made in Germany, the "bokeh king". Excellent condition, with just barely visible wear on the barrel in a few spots, very smooth focus, clean glass and aperture blades. Not 6-bit coded, but "sharpie" coded (see picture), which has worked fine on...