The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Fun with MF images 2024

Emerging locust leaves in front of a concrete building. Simple, but I like it
  2. T

Fun with MF images 2024

I haven't been very active with photography of late, but I continue to enjoy the postings here. I have been looking through old files and offer this from a decade ago for your amusement.. During that period, I had a self-imposed requirement to take and print at least one photo per day. A lot...
  3. T

Fun with MF images 2024

Wonderful, I laughed out loud. Soup's and the pigeon's expressions are perfect.
  4. T

Your favourite “bang for the buck” lenses

I certainly agree with the posts praising the Pentax 645 35mm A, 75mm A or FA, 120mm A or FA, and 150 f/3.5 A. As a Pentax user since the 1970s, and having progressed from 35mm to 645 and 67, and then to digital, I've amassed a large collection of Pentax lenses. I have a few items to add...
  5. T

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

Going through some older K1 files. I haven't used the camera much lately. View taking off from the Irvins, UT airport A striking view for someone used to the green lushness of the NE of North America.
  6. T

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

I miss summer already. K-1, 150-450mm
  7. T

Fun with MF images 2023

We visited Niagara Falls yesterday. A beautiful day but cold, the crowds were sparse by normal standards. The crowd and what they were watching.
  8. T

Fun with MF images 2023

One more from Great Sand Dunes.
  9. T

Fun with MF images 2023

An image from a recent trip through Yosemite, I love the grand landscape of Yosemite, but I like this too: Granite, light, and trees.
  10. T

Fun with MF images 2023

A view from Olmstead Pt towards the west. Half Dome on the right. Crops emphasize some of the granite and wood that I find so fascinating.
  11. T

Fun with MF images 2023

Another from Great Sand Dunes. As you approach this park from a distance, the dunes appear unspectacular, they are created and dwarfed by the 13,000 ft mountains behind. Only after arrival is their size apparent. A lone figure, low center, gives scale.
  12. T

Fun with MF images 2023

Following friends through a Nevada desert. Lovely fall colors and beautiful skies. A very nostalgic photo for me; it reminds me of simpler times, or at least earlier. Think Desi and Lucy in the Long, Long Trailer.
  13. T

Generative landscape art – a (horror) vision of the future of photography?

I tried PS AI on a shot of some friends hiking in Utah, I sent it to them and mentioned they were very lucky to avoid the T-Rex.
  14. T

Fun with MF images 2023

Just returned from a long road trip. Mostly disappointed with the images I took. Here's an exception: Great Sand Dunes National Park. I love the light here. 100s, 100-200mm
  15. T

Fun with MF images 2023

Painted Hills Oregon. Striking place. 645Z, 150-300mm
  16. T

Fun with MF images 2023

Lol, Matt I think it's more like multiplying by 1
  17. T

Fun with MF images 2023

Unusual calm in Lake Erie tonight, but November is not far away.
  18. T

Fun with MF images 2023

Western Washington smoke in the North Cascades. This is from two years ago. The distant peaks are barely visible in the RAW file; I dismissed this image as not worthy of attention. The clarity and dehaze sliders do an amazing job. 50R 32-64mm
  19. T

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Almost ready. 645N, 120mm, Provia
  20. T

PLEASE HELP! GFX 100S 2 days in rain.

Glad to hear the good news. Lovely image. I did notice during my visit to Beach Haven that the old structures are being replaced by condos and McMansions. It happens everywhere it seems, my childhood towns in coastal California are unrecognizable to me now. Should I visit again I will send...