The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Please convince me to buy (or not) a GFX 100s

The 100s is on sale again, and I must admit to the temptation. I currently use a 50R as my main camera, but I also have 645Z and most of the Pentax lenses from 25mm to 600mm. I love the Pentax with the exception of its weight and front shutter vibrations and simply will not part with it. I...
  2. T

Front element detaches from Fuji GF 100-200mm

I've owned the lens for two years and it has functioned perfectly. I used the lens a few days ago and when finished, placed the camera and lens (lens shade still attached) on the back seat of my car. It may have been leaning against a camera bag in such a way that some torque was being applied...
  3. T

Landscapes

If there is a landscape thread here, I couldn't find it. Seems a logical category, so I created one. Old image from the North Cascades following an intense storm. Pentax LX, 20mm, Kodachrome 64, Nikon scan. 1997Ncascade175mod copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr
  4. T

Adobe Super Resolution

I tried Adobe's super resolution and am very impressed. My first thoughts were no need for more pixels and less need for longer telephotos or extenders - just crop and apply super resolution. Although the results really are amazing, there are some issues. In the crops from the same 50R RAW...
  5. T

A Lighter Alternative?

I’m seeking some advice based on the collective experience and wisdom of the members of this forum. I am very happy with my 645Z and my 645D before that and my 645N and 67II before that. However, nowadays I am less inclined to hike or travel with heavy systems. So I am considering a lighter...
  6. T

Zork (Zoerk) panorama shift adapter Pentax 645 to Canon EOS

Zork panorama shift adapter allows use of a Pentax 645 lens on Canon EOS camera bodies. $350, free shipping in cont. US Zörk Panorama Shift Adapter The adapter is in excellent condition. This sale include the RRS L bracket shown attached to the adapter. The L bracket has considerable marks...
  7. T

Epson starter ink cartridges 4900

A set of 9 starter Epson cartridges for a 4900. Note these are all 80mL. Still sealed in original plastic. Includes Y, VM, C, MK,LLK,VLM, LC, OR and GR. Dated 09/15. $215, includes shipping in cont US.
  8. T

Epson 4900 PK ink cartridge

Unopened, 200 mL Epson photo black cartridge for the 4900 (T6531). Dated 5/2018. $75 including shipping in the Cont. US.
  9. T

Pentax 645Z IR version

I'm posting this for Ken. Dante calls. 645Z IR / デジタルカメラ / 製品 | RICOH IMAGING
  10. T

"Likes" are gone

I hate to be the bearer of bad news again, sorry Bob, but all the likes on posts have disappeared. Tom
  11. T

Message box empty? Where did they go?

I replied to a pm today. I checked my message box a few hours later and no messages in the inbox or sent box. There should be over 100 pm's in the inbox. Anyone else have a problem? Likely unrelated, but my laptop has recently become infected with some really obnoxious adware. Since GetDPI...
  12. T

Canvas Recommendation

I've never done any printing on canvas, but I'd like to try some galley wraps. I have a Canon 24" printer arriving soon and would greatly appreciate any suggestions. My printing has thus far been with Epsons and Baryta/glossy paper and an occasional Epson Hot Press. Any framing material...
  13. T

RRS L Bracket and grip for Sigma Merrill

Almost as new RRS L bracket and grip for Sigma Merrill. A few small scuffs, otherwise like new. $120, shipping included in the continental US. List price at RRS: $180
  14. T

Mixbook, anyone using?

I'm considering a small run of a photo book. Has anyone used Mixbook and have any comments? I want good quality. Any other firms I should consider? Thanks, Tom
  15. T

Who's getting a 645Z?

There are several posters on this thread who use a 645D and I'm curious who among them or new users of Pentax plan on getting a 645Z. I'm torn between getting an A7r (and lenses) vs. a 645Z. The high ISO capabilities of the Z will solve vibration problems I have with slow shutter speeds on the...
  16. T

Anyone using a K-3?

Anyone care to post some impressions of the K-3?
  17. T

Sunwayfoto Long Lens Support

I recently acquired a Pentax 600mm lens for my 645D. It quickly became apparent that more stabilization than the Acra-Swiss Z1 could supply was needed. I found a long lens support on Amazon made by Sunwayfoto. I took a chance and ordered that along with a rail and two clamps, allowing me to...
  18. T

i1 Display Pro using i1Profiler turns my NEC PA271w magenta!

I have an i1Display Pro and have used it with the iProfiler software on several monitors with no problems . Recently I purchased a NEC PA271w. I am using dual monitors (Samsung 243T with the NEC). When I start the calibration, the NEC moniter changes to a very magenta cast whether I am...
  19. T

New Monitor Advice Please, NEC or Dell?

I want to upgrade the NEC CRT monitor I've used for the past several years. I've considered the NEC PA271w and Dell U2711. Is the NEC worth the extra cost? I could get a Dell U3011 for the price of the NEC. The monitor will be used only for photography. Any advice appreciated, Tom
  20. T

Mamiya, Pentax 645 to 4x5 adapter

Anyone familiar with these adapters? Made in versions to adapt Mamiya or Pentax to 4x5 view. I thought of trying to make something like this myself but decided I really don't have the skills. Moveable 4x5 Large Format to Mamiya 645 Camera Adapter | eBay