The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any flash experience for Rollei Hy6 Mod2 and Metz 54mz-4i with SCA3562 adapter?

shanhw1978

I only can fire the flash at M mode with manual Aperture and shutter.
But It can't fire the flash at Av mode.
thanks.

Last edited:

Pieter 12

I do not have or use the Metz strobe or the adapter. But reading the Hy6 user manual, it seems like with the camera in A (aperture-priority) mode the flash will only fire if there is insufficient ambient light.

shanhw1978

I do not have or use the Metz strobe or the adapter. But reading the Hy6 user manual, it seems like with the camera in A (aperture-priority) mode the flash will only fire if there is insufficient ambient light.
Thanks.
But In the Av (aperture-priority) mode with the flash (power on) or without the flash (power off),the shutter speed is the same and the flash did not fire. The shutter speed is slow (such as 2s ).

But In the M mode manual set the aperture F/4.0 and the shutter speed 1/200s then the flash will fire.

Last edited: