The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone tried the Fringer Contax 645 to FUJIFILM GFX Adapter?

algrove

It's mentioned on BH site that it functions with 645 lenses except one macro lens. Does that mean Mamiya 645 lenses too? If yes, any luck trying it with the Mamiya 645 APO 300 f4.5 lens, i.e., does it AF and can one change the f-stops on a GFX?

algrove

Thanks. Looks like a dead end for now.

That said I did contact Kipon directly who said they hoped to have an adapter by the end of the year for my specific lens and it would be FW updatable.

algrove

Yes, they mentioned AF would come maybe this year. See reply below:

"Hi,

Thank you for your mail and inquiry!

This adapter is not auto focus adapter, only can control the iris of Mamiya645 lens electronically by FUJI GFX camera body, we also will do AF version, can let end user do firmware update at home maybe this year.

Thanks.

KIPON"

buildbot

Mamiya645 lens electronically by FUJI GFX camera body, we also will do AF version, can let end user do firmware update at home maybe this year.
That's confusing...This is not to my knowledge physically possible, there is no motor in the existing adapter and no motor in Mamiya/Phase 645 lens. How can this work?
Maybe they are about to release an AF Mamiya 645 adapter with a motor? Which will support AF later via a firmware update at some point?

cunim

Or maybe you are just running into poor customer service. In my experience, Kipon doesn't answer real questions. This is probably a packaged response meaning "pie in the sky real soon now". I wouldn't spend any money based on it.