The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

B&§§% to Leica

drevil

Staff member
Yes i am, i have been lusting for the Reporter for quite a while and should have gotten it right away when it was released, well with some two years delay, i hold it in my hands, finally. it was a sealed box, just unpacked it to check if everything is ok.

IMG_E4637.JPG

and yes, shame on me, i think this baby is way too beautiful to be used and it will end up in the box for a while.
if prices will hit one million dollars/euro i might think about parting from it again.:cool:

drevil

Staff member
Well that would be my M10M - Wetzlar, love that bugger

here are my released M10M images
so far i mostly used it shooting people and sceneries inside beijings hutongs

I also briefly used a M10R Black Paint

i bought it as an investment but then did use it for a while, now it sleeps in a safe with very very few signs of use, if i decide to buy a second M10R Black Paint, i might use the first one as a walk around camera

steveash

Out of interest, is there such thing as an investment in digital photography gear? Even the limited editions seem to sell for considerably less later on from what I’ve seen but perhaps these weren’t box-fresh perfect examples.

dave.gt

Yes i am, i have been lusting for the Reporter for quite a while and should have gotten it right away when it was released, well with some two years delay, i hold it in my hands, finally. it was a sealed box, just unpacked it to check if everything is ok.

View attachment 202041

and yes, shame on me, i think this baby is way too beautiful to be used and it will end up in the box for a while.
if prices will hit one million dollars/euro i might think about parting from it again.:cool:
Gotta tell ya that Reporter edition looks fantastic. My all-time favorite is Black Paint… but the Reporter is right up there with it!

I’m sure the images from this beauty are absolutely terrific.😃

Last edited:

Godfrey

Out of interest, is there such thing as an investment in digital photography gear? Even the limited editions seem to sell for considerably less later on from what I’ve seen but perhaps these weren’t box-fresh perfect examples.
No quality digital equipment of an appropriate performance and rarity level is old enough yet for collectible appreciation, IMO.
Not that it matters to me at all.. Cameras are for making photographs, not much else. That's my attitude.

G

algrove

Never looked at this thread since the heading seemed to suggest bye bye Leica or some worse wording. I have a Reporter, but it shoots color images.

Just joking. Mine is the Q2 Reporter. Sold my Q2M Reporter since Leica AF algorithm uses colors so the Mono would not track like the color version.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
No quality digital equipment of an appropriate performance and rarity level is old enough yet for collectible appreciation, IMO.
Not that it matters to me at all.. Cameras are for making photographs, not much else. That's my attitude.

G
I have an Epson R-D1. That *might* qualify.... Worth it for the analog gauges.

drevil

Staff member
Sold my Q2M Reporter since Leica AF algorithm uses colors so the Mono would not track like the color version.
there was no Q2M reporter to my understanding, and the issue with the AF sounds interresting, never heard about that.

Godfrey

I have an Epson R-D1. That *might* qualify.... Worth it for the analog gauges.
The analog gauges are delightful! As for the rest of the camera, meh. I had one for two weeks, sent it back. I know others love them, but I just found it too clumsy to use. 🤷‍♂️

G

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The analog gauges are delightful! As for the rest of the camera, meh. I had one for two weeks, sent it back. I know others love them, but I just found it too clumsy to use. 🤷‍♂️

G
Yeah. I barely used it. And its sensor isn't on quite straight. I waited for the M9 to try again.

drevil

Staff member
but it wasnt the Monochrom, it was the Q2 reporter(with color sensor)

*edit*

ok i stand corrected, just found the info