The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bought a Sigma fp L

scho

DPR gave the fp L the worst camera of the year award. They have a narrow view of how cameras are used and the concept of using a camera as a digital back on a stitching platform is apparently beyond their level of understanding.

sc_john

B&H has included the fp-L in their list of top 10 mirrorless cameras of 2021. Who you gunna believe? 🤔

Godfrey

DPR gave the fp L the worst camera of the year award. They have a narrow view of how cameras are used and the concept of using a camera as a digital back on a stitching platform is apparently beyond their level of understanding.
B&H has included the fp-L in their list of top 10 mirrorless cameras of 2021. Who you gunna believe? 🤔
None of them. I prefer to get a camera based on its specifications and then evaluate how well it meets my expectations myself. All of these reviewers are in business to sell you stuff.

G

scho

Purchased the fp L to use on my Actus but still waiting on delivery of the L mount rear standard plate. A couple of indoor shots with my Canon mount Tamron 90/2.8 macro mounted to the fp L via a Sigma MC-21 EF to L adapter.

Amaryllis

WIndow ornament

scho

and two more Canon lens shots on the fp L.

The Canon TS-E 24/3.5 L II

Canon EF 16-35/4 L @ 35mm (handheld AF shot through a window), both AF and lens stabilization worked well)

anyone

How do Leica M lenses perform on this camera? It looks like a nice small lightweight camera for backpacking and I wonder how my Biogon 35 2.8 would work on it. Adapted to the GFX the image quality is quite bad, but apparently the FP L is a lot better suited.

scho

I've always had problems with blurry edges when using biogons on cameras that do not have sensor micro lenses designed to handle this issue.

anyone

I've always had problems with blurry edges when using biogons on cameras that do not have sensor micro lenses designed to handle this issue.
Thank you! I’ve had similar disappointing experiences adapting M glass to the GFX. Even in crop mode the image quality is mediocre at best. So if the FP L is the same it outrules the camera for me - it would have served as a small travel camera with M lenses.