The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Confused on quality of new Epson all-in-one tank basic printers

algrove

My daily small Epson all-in-one printer just stopped working with no apparent resolve. I paid $70 for it over 5 years ago. So I started looking at new basic printers. I mainly print B&W documents and rarely color. I have been buying ink cartridges in Black, Cyan and Magenta for years since B&W printers use Cyan and Magenta while printing in B&W. Thus the new tank 4 color Epson all-in-one printers came to mind since once in a blue moon I want to print in color and over time it seems ink costs will be much less.

But looking at the ratings of the basic ones like the ET2720 on BH it seems to fail purchasers a lot at $200 where's the ET2760 at $300 seems OK. I am looking to buy one way less than $300 since many basic Epson all-in-one printers still sell for under $100 today but use cartridges. I find it hard to justify $300 for an Epson that will perform OK based again on BH comments. I generally do not print photos on a basic printer.

Perhaps I should just get a B&W laser printer and be done with it, but I know I will regret it over time when a color print is required. I see Epson also makes a B&W only tank printer, but it costs over $300. Of course I can pay that amount, but for a basic printer it seems high to me when I paid around $900 for my P800 printer.

Can anyone offer comments from their recent experiences with all-in-one printer purchases? Thanks.

Godfrey

I use the Epson Expression XP7100 "Small-in-One" printer for my personal/office-type use. It's a decent scanner, good printer, and useful copy machine with duplex printing and scanning capabilities, and it makes very nice quality prints as well. I bought it new, on sale, for $135 (normally about $200), and the ink is good quality dye based CMY+Photo Black, and pigment regular Black, available in both standard and XL sized carts. The XL size cartridges last a reasonable number of pages, and individual cartridges always seem more economical to me.

I've recommended it to several people who purchased one and all of them are satisfied with it.

My regular photographic printing tool is an Epson P600 ...

G

anwarp

I’ve been using an Epson WF3275 for a few years now. It’s an all in one printer that will grudgingly accept non epson branded inks, making it very cheap to run.