The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

"Forgot password" does not work

jmav

This is the third account I had to make on GetDPI because the "forgot password" link does not work. It's been like this for more than a year now. Can someone fix it?

(And before anyone tells me to remember my passwords, I fully blame Apple's password manager not working the way it should.)

BillyBagel

I also had this same issue. I ended up having to make a new account using a Yahoo email address. Gmail, iCloud and Outlook are all not receiving emails from this site. A quick google search makes it sound like this is an issue with settings in Xenforo.

This issue was also mentioned in another thread: https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-member-cannot-send-pm.72973/
(post #9)

I had zero luck getting a response from the GetDPI contact page as well as sending an email to [email protected]

Hopefully an admin reads this and can resolve the issue as I'd love to get access to my original account back.

jmav

Yes, that was me mentioning it in the other thread. That was my second account that I had to open but somehow when I changed computers my keychain didn't save the password so I had to create a third account.

Honestly, I don't know if there are actually admins here. It seems almost like the forum is more or less abandoned by them.

BillyBagel

Hopefully for the forums sake these are just one offs, but I stopped receiving emails from GetDPI at my gmail account a while ago. I have to imagine new members may be running into the same issue when trying to register or current members trying to reset their password.

@Bianca Ranciato
@Jack
@olafphoto
@SimonW
@drevil

Can any of you look into this?

Last edited:

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully for the forums sake these are just one offs, but I stopped receiving emails from GetDPI at my gmail account a while ago. I have to imagine new members may be running into the same issue when trying to register or current members trying to reset their password.

@Bianca Ranciato
@Jack
@olafphoto
@SimonW
@drevil

Can any of you look into this?
Thank you Billy for pointing this out. We are looking into it.