The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hafa Adai! from the island of Guam

jberry

Hafa Adai,

Allow me to extend the warm and local Chamorro greeting of 'Hello' from the enchanting island of Guam.

While I've been a member for some time, I encountered a login issue with my previous account, possibly due to a major forum update from years ago. I've spent my entire life here on the picturesque island of Guam, which I showcase through my small YouTube Channel. On this channel (www.youtube.com/GuamPhotography), I document my explorations with different camera systems, capturing the mesmerizing beauty of our island and featuring local models.

My current go-to camera is the Phase One DF+ paired with the IQ1 50MP digital back, a formidable combination for portrait photography. I have my sights set on upgrading to the XF body and eventually transitioning to the larger 100MP sensor (IQ3 100MP). For school events where I teach, I rely on the Nikon Z9 to capture the action.

In the past, I've had the pleasure of owning and working with various medium format cameras, including the Pentax 645Z, Hasselblad X1D, X1D II, and Fujifilm GFX 50R. These experiences are well-documented on my YouTube channel. However, my heart was won over by the Phase One system, thanks to its incredible file quality, which, when paired with Capture One software, delivers astounding results.

I'm excited to be a part of this community and look forward to delving deeper into the realm of digital medium format photography. The journey promises to be as captivating as the pristine landscapes of Guam.

Attached, you'll find a group selfie captured during my recent Phase One Portrait session, which I featured on my YouTube channel.

Warm regards,

James Berry

Attachments

drevil

Staff member
Welcome,
some year ago i actually saw a video made by you on the leica 50mm noctilux F1, good job.
looking forward to see your MF images.

best

Mirko