The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hello from Wisconsin!

jvb333

Happy I found this forum! I was at another forum and read "Are you also posting on GetDPI, because that's where the Phase One folks hang out?" and knew I had to visit.

My dilemma is, shall I sell my beloved and ignored for 20+ years Contax 645 system OR purchase a digital back for it? In the coming days or weeks I'll know the answer to that question. If someone could kindly direct me to a thread on the topic of digital backs to assist me on this MAJOR decision for that Contax I'd appreciate. Thanks!

drevil

Staff member
Welcome to getdpi!

Selling the C645? Absolutely......NOT!
Try to get a nice DB for it, prices have plummeted over the years and are in "reasonable" territory.

My DB history was P45+, IQ180, then a short visit into the GFX universe and at the moment i am using a P65+ and Achromatic+(based on the P45+)
Selling the P45+ was already a mistake but selling the IQ180 was even worse. i think its the ultimate back for the C645.

I guess a P45+ for long exposure and an IQ180 for ultimate IQ would be the perfect match for the Contax.

best regards

Mirko

drevil

Staff member
just to make a quick case for the C645 and IQ180
80mm F2 @F8(i said wide open before, that was a lie), 100% crop, the resolution this combo is capable of is just insane

Last edited: