The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help with Canon Pro 4100 error message when sending to printer

Greg Haag

Would anyone happen to know why I might be getting an error message when sending a file to the printer? Status of the printer says ready to print but I keep getting an error message immediately when it appears file has sent. I am not aware of any changes since my last print. I am running the current version of Professional Print & Layout Job Manager on a Mac running Monterey version 12.3.1
Thanks in advance!
Greg

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 3.04.51 PM.png

jng

Would anyone happen to know why I might be getting an error message when sending a file to the printer? Status of the printer says ready to print but I keep getting an error message immediately when it appears file has sent. I am not aware of any changes since my last print. I am running the current version of Professional Print & Layout Job Manager on a Mac running Monterey version 12.3.1
Thanks in advance!
Greg

View attachment 194341
Hi Greg,

This happens to me from time to time on my 2000, which uses the same drivers. I think the problem is that the software doesn't recognize the printer. I'm not sure why this happens but my work-around has been to go to the printer drop down, and then search for and add the printer to the list. You can delete the old drivers once you've confirmed you're back in business again. Hope this helps.

John

Greg Haag

Hi Greg,

This happens to me from time to time on my 2000, which uses the same drivers. I think the problem is that the software doesn't recognize the printer. I'm not sure why this happens but my work-around has been to go to the printer drop down, and then search for and add the printer to the list. You can delete the old drivers once you've confirmed you're back in business again. Hope this helps.

John
Thank you John, I will give that a try!

vjbelle

Thanks in advance!
Greg

View attachment 194341
Greg...... I don't use Print and layout job manager with my Canon ipf 8400 so can't help you there but under status what is the full message? Does print monitor connect to the printer? Can you connect to your printer through the Web UI? Open up your browser and type in the printer ip address and you should be connected to the UI.

Can't begin to tell you how many times I have had connection issues with my ipf8400. Right now it is off line and I can't figure out how to get it back on line. I can see it with a network utility program but can't shake hands with it for some reason. Very, very frustrating!!

Victor B.

Greg Haag

Victor, sorry for the delay, we are having a wedding at our house Saturday and it has been a bit chaotic. I will see what I can find on the full message when I get back in the office next week. I can print from photoshop, but not from Professional Print & Layout Job Manager. Looked like you had a great trip and got some beautiful images!
Thanks,
Greg

routlaw

I also have the 4100 printer and the only time I receive this message or anything similar is if I have failed to have the USB cable connected to my Mac Pro while sending a file to the printer. You might double check those connections if you haven't already. If using a wireless connection, which I don't advise, my suspicion is there is a snafu along those lines. If using a USB connection it is possible the USB port/bus has been temporarily corrupted. On a Mac all you have to do is shut the computer down, then unplug the AC chord for a minute or so, then boot back up. Its a bit more complicated if you are using a Mac laptop however. I don't recall the exact process but due to the battery the laptops have to be re-booted while holding a combination of keys so that the battery is quickly disconnected from the computer.

Hope this helps.

vjbelle

Victor, sorry for the delay, we are having a wedding at our house Saturday and it has been a bit chaotic. I will see what I can find on the full message when I get back in the office next week. I can print from photoshop, but not from Professional Print & Layout Job Manager. Looked like you had a great trip and got some beautiful images!
Thanks,
Greg
Greg, if you can print from PS then everything is connected and working properly. I have found that Canon software is buggy at best and stay away from their programs if I can.

Have a great wedding day!!!

Victor B

Last edited:

routlaw

Greg, if you can print from PS then everything is connected and working properly. I have found that Canon software is buggy at best and stay away from their programs if I can.

Have a great wedding day!!!

Victor B
Curious, I've been using the Canon printer software for years with nearly no issues at all. First on the iPF 8300 and now the Pro 4100. However I will say the newer printer software designed for the Pro 4100 printer could have only been invented and designed by a deeply troubled mind. Its not buggy its just that part of the UI is wretched to work with, but I've gotten used to it over time and still prefer it by a tall margin to the old style Cmd +P routine in Photoshop. Thanks