The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to correct a stupid mistake C1 and PS?

algrove

Today on my Mac Air M2 running Monterey 12.6.5, when in C1 Pro (16.1.3.10) and wanting to edit an image with PS 23 (24.4.1), I got the usual format question and selected TIFF. Then PS asked me if it could access my files not remembering ever seeing this question so I selected "No" thinking it meant every file on this computer, and then my problems began.

Of course I should have said yes since I am using an external drive for all my C1 Sessions. I have been using PS for editing my C1 files for probably over 10 years now without problems.

I cannot find out how to correct and reverse this access question selection. Now I only get the pop-up from PS which states--Could not open "file name I am trying to edit" because of a disk error.--
I have looked in preferences and cannot see where I can give PS access to my image files.

Any suggestions most appreciated. Thanks.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Today on my Mac Air M2 running Monterey 12.6.5, when in C1 Pro (16.1.3.10) and wanting to edit an image with PS 23 (24.4.1), I got the usual format question and selected TIFF. Then PS asked me if it could access my files not remembering ever seeing this question so I selected "No" thinking it meant every file on this computer, and then my problems began.

Of course I should have said yes since I am using an external drive for all my C1 Sessions. I have been using PS for editing my C1 files for probably over 10 years now without problems.

I cannot find out how to correct and reverse this access question selection. Now I only get the pop-up from PS which states--Could not open "file name I am trying to edit" because of a disk error.--
I have looked in preferences and cannot see where I can give PS access to my image files.

Any suggestions most appreciated. Thanks.
Try System Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Files and Folders. Then see if the app is listed and what access is checked. And what you can enable.