The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Impact of underuse on Epson SCP800

eddystone

After having an Epson 3800 for 8 years I bought a SCP 800 back in 2016 as I couldn’t clear a clog on one channel of the 3800. In the event I’ve only used it very very occasionally since, so much so not used much of first set of replacement cartridges. Run a nozzle check periodically and everything OK - sometimes needs 2/3 head cleans.
So now I’m in a position to do some serious printing and would like to think this printer will last me a while. Do you think I’ve compromised it’s durability through under-utilisation?

archiM44

I often had run nozzle clean with both my 3800 and 3880 which usually worked, but the last time I just couldn't get it to work. I also bought the SC-P800 and although it has had fairly long periods of non use it has never had any clogging at all. Not even in long periods in the winter when indoor humidity can be extremely low.
I am a long time fan of epson printers, but this is by far the best one.

eddystone

That’s reassuring - the new SCP 900 is very attractive but I need to get some serious usage out of this 800 to justify original purchase