The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Vario Elmarit TL 18-56mm on SL2 for compact travel solution?

Epstar83

Hi all,

Anyone tried the Leica Vario Elmar TL 18-56mm on the SL2 as an ultra compact travel lens? Any thoughts or alternative suggestions?

Cheers,

Mike

spb

Staff member
I had that on the original SL obviously with adapter. Worked fine. Also the 55-135 so both those zooms. However the Sl range are not that light and quite large. BUR by adding these light lenses, I did use it for travel and was happy with the results.

Epstar83

I had that on the original SL obviously with adapter. Worked fine. Also the 55-135 so both those zooms. However the Sl range are not that light and quite large. BUR by adding these light lenses, I did use it for travel and was happy with the results.
Thanks. You’re totally right, the SL series are tanks… I’m also looking at the Sigma zooms. 28-70 DG DN and 24-70 Art. The former is still a reasonable weight at 440 grams and seems to have nice IQ too. The Art is starting to approach Vario Elmarit territory in terms of size and weight…