The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

nikkor 35mm pc-e on GFX

zrz

Has anyone tried with Nikkor 35mm PC-E lens on the gfx censor?

would like to know the distortion performance, optical performances and how good is the coverage when shifting.

Photon42

I neither have a 35 PC-E nor a GFX. What I can tell you is that the adapters for Nikon F create vignette on my Hasselblad X and my PC-E 85 needs a Nikon body to set the aperture. Draw your own conclusions from this.

zrz

I neither have a 35 PC-E nor a GFX. What I can tell you is that the adapters for Nikon F create vignette on my Hasselblad X and my PC-E 85 needs a Nikon body to set the aperture. Draw your own conclusions from this.
Thanks for your experience. I say some YouTuber use 35 PC-E on GFX and the aperture seems working fine. Just not knowing how good is the image performance of this old lens

rdeloe

I've seen samples of the PC-Nikkor 35mm on a GFX 50S, and I've tried two copies of the PC-Nikkor 28mm on a GFX 50R. I would not recommend either. They're "OK if you're not fussy"... but if you're using a GFX camera, it doesn't make sense to not be fussy.

If you want 35mm and the ability to do shift, you should use the SMC Pentax-A 645 35mm f/3.5 with a tilt-shift adapter. The image circle is larger and image quality is much better. It's also a reasonably priced lens. The downside of this lens is moustache distortion. It's not a problem for me given what I shoot, but if you're looking for a lens for architecture, you might find it bothersome.

zrz

I've seen samples of the PC-Nikkor 35mm on a GFX 50S, and I've tried two copies of the PC-Nikkor 28mm on a GFX 50R. I would not recommend either. They're "OK if you're not fussy"... but if you're using a GFX camera, it doesn't make sense to not be fussy.

If you want 35mm and the ability to shift, you should use the SMC Pentax-A 645 35mm f/3.5 with a tilt-shift adapter. The image circle is larger and image quality is much better. It's also a reasonably priced lens. The downside of this lens is mustache distortion. It's not a problem for me given what I shoot, but if you're looking for a lens for architecture, you might find it bothersome.
I have heard Pentax 645 35mm and the problem of distortion, unfortunately, I shoot the space and expect minimum distortion. Thank you for the information!

rdeloe

If Fuji would get on with releasing a 30 mm tilt shift lens, you'd be in business!. Good luck finding something that works for you.

Reactions: zrz

Photon42

Thanks for your experience. I say some YouTuber use 35 PC-E on GFX and the aperture seems working fine. Just not knowing how good is the image performance of this old lens
The PC-E have electronically controlled aperture. If you do not have an adapter mimicking a Nikon, then I it won't operate. There are also versions with standard aperture mechanism (without the -E).