The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question: Can I Use ISO 200 on a Phase one IQ 1 60 Back

rollsman44

I only need ISO 200 with my strobes. Will the IQ be good and will there by Noise?
Its a CCD and I prefer that. I will use it on P1 XF body. Thank you

The reason I am asking: I had a H5D-40 and the IQ was Excellent and no noise. This is a CCD Sensor.

Alkibiades

there will be no real difference if you take 100, 200 or 400 iso on this back. CMos with 50 MP are great for low light, even with 1600-3200 iso you get very good results. This is the main difference to CCD backs, where only low iso are usefull.

rollsman44

I meant to ask about IQ 1 40 or IQ 1 60 CCD Backs for ISO 200 With No problem with noise. TY I appreciate all the Comments

anwarp

I’m not sure about the IQ 160, but the 260 and 280 do pixel binning (Sensor+). The resulting images are 15MP and 20MP, but the base iso goes from 50 to 200.

kdphotography

I forgot all about Sensor+. I used it on the IQ180 and found it worthwhile. I'll place bets Sensor+ technology is on the IQ160.

Aviv1887

I was always amazed by the image quality of the 260 with sensor +. The file size suffers but you gained so much. The "regular" 200 iso was very noisy in a not nice looking way.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I meant to ask about IQ 1 40 or IQ 1 60 CCD Backs for ISO 200 With No problem with noise. TY I appreciate all the Comments
I had the IQ1 40. You can shoot ISO 200, but I think it's the same as pushing ISO 100 a stop. I have some ISO 800 Sensor+ shots from a wedding at night. Noise in the shadows, but the look is gorgeous. (Apologies if I've posted this too many times. Mine was not the silliest wedding camera there. The groom is examining polaroids from his Graflex!)

Matt

ian_T

I had the IQ1 40. You can shoot ISO 200, but I think it's the same as pushing ISO 100 a stop. I have some ISO 800 Sensor+ shots from a wedding at night. Noise in the shadows, but the look is gorgeous. (Apologies if I've posted this too many times. Mine was not the silliest wedding camera there. The groom is examining polaroids from his Graflex!)

Matt
That's a beautiful photograph. I love the gestures, color... everything, and the motion blur adds to the drama. Nice work!

rollsman44

OK, I just purchased a Phase One IQ2 60 Back. Will get it this week. Looking forward to a NEW Experience with Phase One. Thank you all for your input.

rollsman44

Thank you Matt. I hope to use it soon. I am looking for a wider Lens. I have the P1 SK 80.LS and want wider for group shots. I dont want to buy a BR lens.
How is the P1 55 LS ? They seem to vary in price quite a bit. Ty