The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A1 overheating

spb

Staff member
Anyone let me know whether this is to be expected. Recording in 4K, two clips of 5 minutes, and the camera shut down as it was too warm. Hmm, I found setting to perhaps allieviate the issue so more testing for me.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Two things:

• There is a parameter in the menu to allow a higher temperature.
• Let LCD move a bit so that there is an air gap between it and the body.

Those two things helped my A1 quite a bit. ;)

Reactions: spb

spb

Staff member
Thanks, yes I found the settings and changed them. The only issue I am left with, is after less than 6 minutes the camera stops recording video.

So I am now doing much shorter clips of less than a minute each. That means the camera doesn't even get warm and does not switch off whilst filming.

k-hawinkler

Thanks, yes I found the settings and changed them. The only issue I am left with, is after less than 6 minutes the camera stops recording video.

So I am now doing much shorter clips of less than a minute each. That means the camera doesn't even get warm and does not switch off whilst filming.
Thanks Stephen,

I see., In what climate do you live?

spb

Staff member
Thanks Stephen.
I think your A1 should shoot video for at least 20 to 30 minutes without overheating. ;)
I am very new to the A1, it has loads and loads of settings but thankfully many user-menus. I can definitely have A1 on for 30 mins whilst on tripod of course and remote controlled with the bluetooth controller. I then take shorter clips and no problems so far. Same goes for the A7SIII sister camera.