The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thinking of Selling my S body for SL2-s

rollsman44

I mainky shoot Portraits and Family group shots and Very rarely Landscapes. Can you offer any info on my Thinking.

The SL2-S has IBIS, Lighter .

P.S. Since I only have 1 S lens ( 70) should I sell the S and the S lens and get the lenses for the SL2-s body? Image quality and Better AF is my priority. Thanks

One more question: Which one has the Newer Sensor( Sl2 or Sl2-s). Leica has a Great deal Now . SL2_s and the Leica 50 F2 Lens 5900.00

ptomsu

Workshop Member
If you do not need MFD then the SL system would be definitely the way to go IMO.

The SL2S has the newer sensor and if you do not need the 47 MP of the SL2 I would take the SL2S with it 24 MP BSI sensor. And SL lenses are much better suited to the SL than adapted S lenses. Also with the L-mount alliance (SL) there are much more offers on lenses, many also significantly cheaper than original Leica SL lenses, but with perfect IQ.

Paratom

The SL2S has the advantage of face detection AF compared to the 1 point AF of the Leica S.
The Leica S + S lens still adds a little extra bit of IQ (at least at low-medium ISO).

wattsy

I am still leaning on Keeping the S.
If you don't need any of the fancy features of the SL2 (which I don't think you do with family portraits, etc.) you can't beat the larger sensor you get with medium format. IMO it has a basic look that isn't replicated by "full frame" or other smaller formats, no matter how many pixels or ISO numbers the latter may have.