The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X-S20, the "bee's knees" of hybrid cameras?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sometimes cameras are launched that just fit the bill. The X-S20 seems to be one of those cameras. It's compact, lightweight, carries a large battery, is reasonably priced, and offers specifications and image/video quality that just a couple of years ago would be seen as very good, even for expensive hi-end or professional equipment. Very impressive from Fuji, and if I were in need of starting from scratch, the X-S20 would pretty much be on the top of my list, even though I've been drooling over the Nikon Z8 and the Panasonic S5IIX for a few weeks now, both of which are considerably more expensive.

Very, very well done, Fuji.

Rand47

I agree. The X-S20 isn’t a “camera for me,” but I was very impressed with what Fujifilm has done to invade the vlogger-camera segment. It’s a real departure for Fuji, and I suspect a little dangerous for them - as this little, relatively inexpensive, body outclasses it’s current “best of / flag ship” cameras.

Rand

biglouis

The number of features on this camera for the price is amazing. When people ask me 'what camera should I buy' I never give an opinion but I'd be tempted to suggest this. And it also gives an owner access at a decent starting price to Fuji glass which is some of the best out there - often easily as good as Leica or Hasselblad, imho.