The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Amin

deleted

sorry, deleted
  2. Amin

Rokinon 135mm f/2 on Sony A7RII

The 42MP sensor on the A7RII is going to expose some lenses for being less sharp than one would like. The Rokinon / Samyang 135mm f/2 is not one of those lenses. This is wide open at f/2, and you can see the aliasing effects all the way down to the bottom of my son's shirt if you click through...
  3. Amin

I would never think of a 16-35 as a walkaround family lens...

But I can see why some are doing that with the high-resolution cameras (A7R, A7RII, etc). Here's an example. This crop from an A7R photo taken at the long end of the FE16-35 zoom yields an 8.6MP image with the same framing one would have gotten with a 78mm lens from that distance: 100%...
  4. Amin

Raw processor comparison

I just came across this article: RAW Converters Comparison - nomadlens Really well done comparison of raw converters!
  5. Amin

Nikon Orange Peel

I'm waiting for my dad to return from a trip so I can borrow his D810 for testing. In the meanwhile, I decided to test this idea that "orange peel" texturing is a uniquely Sony phenomenon by going back through my Lightroom (LR) catalogue and looking at my 14-bit D600 files while using the...
  6. Amin

A7RII DxOmarked

The thing that jumps out at me is the relatively high DR at high ISO. Basically a 1-stop advantage over the A7II and D810 once you pass ISO 1600: Link: Nikon D810 versus Sony A7 II versus Sony A7R II - Side by side camera comparison - DxOMark
  7. Amin

How to make Lightroom image look like what I'm getting from C1?

There are a couple things I like about Lightroom: highlight clipping seems more graceful and workflow is very familiar But I always seem to get better results from C1. It's probably got a lot to do with my lack of expertise, so I'd appreciate if some of the LR users could provide some tips...
  8. Amin

Sharpening settings for A7RII in C1?

Whereas the default sharpening settings look pretty good to me for the A7II, I find that the A7RII files need something extra in order to look good at 100%. Since the RII has no AA filter, I'm guessing this is because the lenses struggle to keep up with the sensor resolution. C1 users, what...
  9. Amin

That sickening feeling...

... when you realize you forgot to put the adapter on before screwing your Leica lens into your Sony camera :loco: Quick sensor check - no visible damage. Whew!
  10. Amin

If anyone in USA is looking for A7R II in stock...

My local camera dealer has a couple left in stock: Newtonville Camera Phone # is (617) 965-1240 They are a great store, highly recommended.
  11. Amin

SOLD: Leica M240 + Extras - $3899 total (includes PP+ship)

SOLD (fast!) Price: $3,899.00 Payment method: PayPal Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean Please note: The firm $3899 price includes PayPal and USPS Priority Shipping. I am pricing for a quick sale. Please do not message me unless you definitely want to buy the camera and have...
  12. Amin

Fun with the Sony FE ZA 35/1.4

My new favorite 35 DSC01608 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr DSC01519 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr DSC00026 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr
  13. Amin

Capture One Performance Issues

Anyone else have problems with Capture One Pro 8 occasionally freezing or being unresponsive? I'm sure my system is up to spec: -Core i7-4770k processor -Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD for OS and apps -Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD for C1 Catalog -WD Black 2GB HDD for images -EVGA GTX 780 ti...
  14. Amin

Fun with the LX100 / D-Lux Typ 109

My LX100 just arrived, and I can tell I am going to love this camera. My son obliged me for a snap with the new camera: P1000077 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr
  15. Amin

A weekend in New Mexico with the Leica M

I wanted to focus up on my recent gear advice thread with a photo thread. This past week I went to New Mexico with my dad and brother for an extended weekend where we rode in a balloon at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta and did some additional photography in and around Albuquerque and Santa...
  16. Amin

Looking for a perspective from those who used to shoot Leica M and have moved on...

I don't know if it's just the endless gear itch or whether I actually have a good reason for considering a switch. Currently I have a Micro Four Thirds kit as well as a Leica kit, but I mostly use the Leicas. You can get a sense of what I like to shoot from my Flickr stream: Flickriver...
  17. Amin

FS: Sony Zeiss FE 55mm f/1.8 lens and Voigtlander 21mm f/4 Color Skopar

1) Zeiss FE 55/1.8 - $744.99 including shipping/PayPal fees Comes with box, hood, caps, pouch. I do NOT have the original purchase invoice, but I bought it new, original owner. There is some minor surface wear that I tried to show in the pic with the red circle. Glass is clean without...
  18. Amin

deleted

deleted
  19. Amin

What is the preferred image size for posting in the forums these days?

I've always posted here at the 1024px image size, but lately I've noticed more members posting images 1100px or 1300px wide. I think I've seen some 1600px wide images as well. My main monitor for reading these forums is 2560 wide, so I'd love for everyone to post 1600px images, but I know that...