The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. dhsimmonds

Sony RX10iv

Hi Phil I am pleased that you like this camera. I haven't done much with it this year due to back problems but it is a great camera for travelling light without compromising too much in image quality.
  2. dhsimmonds

Sony RX10iv

More like Nikon got wind of Sony's latest RX10iv, as they withdrew their publicised equivalent at almost the very last moment before launching it! In order to compete effectively would have required a complete re-design and that may still happen. Exciting time for advanced bridge cameras if...
  3. dhsimmonds

Serious 1" sensor cameras

I now have my RX10iv and in the process of charging batteries and setting up the Sony menu. I will report ASAP , hopefully with an image or two.
  4. dhsimmonds

Yes I am aware of all these options. I should have mentioned that my prime interest is in wildlife photography and I find that the latest Sony RX10 Mks 3 and 4 are both very capable tools for these subjects with their excellent Zeiss 24-600 lens. With my DSLR,s and Olympus compact system...
  5. dhsimmonds

I have been forced to dispose of my interchangeable lens cameras of all sensor sizes following serious spinal surgery. I just am no longer able to carry the weight of even a 4/3rds sensor camera. However I have joined the ranks of so called bridge camera users and I am currently waiting for...
  6. dhsimmonds

Sony RX10iv

A Luminous Landscape review of this camera: https://luminous-landscape.com/sony-rx10-iv-early-hands-preview/
  7. dhsimmonds

Sony RX10iv

Should be available in the UK about mid October, looking forward to reviews from actual users.
  8. dhsimmonds

Sony RX10iv

The Mk 4 version of this phenomenal 1", 24-600mm Zeiss lens camera has a really excellent specification. See this hands on review here: Sony RX10 Mark IV review-so-far - | Cameralabs
  9. dhsimmonds

Sony RX10iii raw images

So the new Sony RX10 iv is announced with deliveries starting in October. It's the Mk3 but with a very fast phase detection auto focus and weather proofed, otherwise it's the same lens etc., it seems to me.
  10. dhsimmonds

Sony RX10iii raw images

Thank you pegelli. I have C1 for Sony but just can't get on with it compared to older versions of C1. I would upgrade to C1Pro if I did anything in that direction. A .dng converter that just accepted an instruction to only convert raw images would be just great. Yes I thought of separating...
  11. dhsimmonds

Sony RX10iii raw images

Thank you for this. The problem is because the Sony RX10iii has only one card slot, my files contain both the .jpg and .raw images. The Adobe .dng converter converts both to .dng unless I convert them individually which takes a long time. There are times when the .jpg image is good enough for...
  12. dhsimmonds

Sony RX10iii raw images

All my other cameras raw images allow me to 'develop' them in PS6. Unfortunately PS6 no longer updates the raw images to the latest cameras, unless I subscribe to the program when I can download it when I need. I have no intention of doing this as I paid for my PS6 long ago! What raw converter...
  13. dhsimmonds

Sony RX10Mk3

At last I have my RX10iii and what a joy it is to use. I recently spent a day in the New Forest 'shooting' wildlife and I am surprised with the accuracy and speed of focusing of this camera. Early days still but I am really hoping that this camera could replace two Oly system compact cameras...
  14. dhsimmonds

What's your favorite Leica?

For me it has to be the old R9 with DMR digital back and many of the good R lenses. When I heard a rumour that Leica were discontinuing the R line, I sold the lot before I lost a shed load of money. So apart from Panasonic designed Leica badged cameras I have never owned a true Leica since but...
  15. dhsimmonds

How Good is the V lux Image quality for a backup camera

I used the great grandaddy of the VLux many years ago as the Panasonic derivative. The sensor then was much smaller but the lens was superb. Suffice to say that not only is my Avatar cropped from an image taken with that camera (an air to air shot) I made full size exhibition quality A3 sized...
  16. dhsimmonds

Fun with the Digital Pen-F

My casual comparison: Pen-F with Penf 38/1.8 VS Sony A7RM2 with Summilux-M 75/1.4 About a year ago, I went to a camera store and took pictures to test the lux 75/1.4 on my Sony A7RM2. I like the lens so much but sadly to mention that I was one step too late to get that lens selling at a very...
  17. dhsimmonds

Delay to Oly E-M1 Mk2?

Hi Bart Well it's the 9th today, have you got yours yet?!!
  18. dhsimmonds

Delay to Oly E-M1 Mk2?

Does this signal a delay for first deliveries? Olympus Japan says the E-M1II will start shipping out on December 22 – 43 Rumors
  19. dhsimmonds

Panasonic fz1000 replacement?

A replacement for the FZ 1000 is strongly rumoured. The timing is delayed apparently due to recent earthquakes in Japan which has also affected other new camera releases from Nikon etc. Will it be the Fz2000? It will be very timely to compete with the new Sony Rx10mk3 at 24-600 and Nikon...
  20. dhsimmonds

Panasonic FZ1000 Images

Lovely images, I really like the Jaguar!