The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. dhsimmonds

Serious 1" sensor cameras

I have been forced to dispose of my interchangeable lens cameras of all sensor sizes following serious spinal surgery. I just am no longer able to carry the weight of even a 4/3rds sensor camera. However I have joined the ranks of so called bridge camera users and I am currently waiting for...
  2. dhsimmonds

Sony RX10iv

The Mk 4 version of this phenomenal 1", 24-600mm Zeiss lens camera has a really excellent specification. See this hands on review here: Sony RX10 Mark IV review-so-far - | Cameralabs
  3. dhsimmonds

Sony RX10iii raw images

All my other cameras raw images allow me to 'develop' them in PS6. Unfortunately PS6 no longer updates the raw images to the latest cameras, unless I subscribe to the program when I can download it when I need. I have no intention of doing this as I paid for my PS6 long ago! What raw converter...
  4. dhsimmonds

Delay to Oly E-M1 Mk2?

Does this signal a delay for first deliveries? Olympus Japan says the E-M1II will start shipping out on December 22 – 43 Rumors
  5. dhsimmonds

Panasonic fz1000 replacement?

A replacement for the FZ 1000 is strongly rumoured. The timing is delayed apparently due to recent earthquakes in Japan which has also affected other new camera releases from Nikon etc. Will it be the Fz2000? It will be very timely to compete with the new Sony Rx10mk3 at 24-600 and Nikon...
  6. dhsimmonds

Sony RX10Mk3

Anyone taken a look at this bridge camera yet? It gets a good review in the current recent Amateur Photographer magazine. With the 1" sensor and Zeiss high quality 24-600 equivalent zoom lens they reckon it is a very viable equivalent to a DSLR. At £1249 launch price it should be!
  7. dhsimmonds

Fun with the mZuiko 2.8/7-14 Pro lens

I shot this scene as a test shot within hours of getting the lens. It is as it came from camera, no cropping and is just a mundane test shot of three of my ten grandchildren watching TV at home. The light was appalling as it was late evening and the room lights came on automatically when light...
  8. dhsimmonds

mZuiko 14-150 mkll lens

I wonder if anyone else here has tried the new 14-150 Mk ll lens yet. Whilst it is not quite in the same league as the Pro lenses at a starting aperture of just F4, it is weatherproof and like the Pro lenses it ships with a lens hood! :thumbup: I used the older 14-150 for many years and found...
  9. dhsimmonds

Olympus E-M1 version 3.0 news

Anyone owning or reading Darrel Young's book and also interested in capturing images of fast moving subjects ie birds in flight, motor sport etc should read these: Olympus OM-D E-M1: Supplemental Files:Rocky Nook
  10. dhsimmonds

New Leica DLux type 109

A (better?) clone of the recent Panasonic compact using m4/3 sensor and PanaLeica 24-75 equiv fast lens at £825 in the UK. Could this be the long awaited replacement for the much loved but well obsolete Leica D2, itself a better clone of the Panasonic LC1 with 2/3 thirds sensor of over 10 years...
  11. dhsimmonds

New Zuiko lens & converter

Olympus are advertising their new mZuiko F2.8 40-150 Pro lens bundled with a new design mZuiko TX14 x1.4 converter for £1500 via dealers and Amazon UK.
  12. dhsimmonds

Converters for m4/3 sytems

Does anyone know of any good converters (1.4 or 2.0) for the Olympus or Panasonic m4/3 systems? Do they exist? Can they even work with mirrorless systems? :lecture:
  13. dhsimmonds

More on the X-T1

Pre-orders now being taken in the UK and this first dealer appraisal:Fuji X-T1: New X-series CSC plus hands-on review | Wex Photographic This looks like it is aimed at gaining from the success of Olympus and Panasonic's mFT camera systems, or at least for easier use of larger telephoto lenses.
  14. dhsimmonds

Olympus OM-DM-E1 ??

Is this the shape of the OMD E-M5 replacement? There is a lot of internet traffic on this and the other new Oly cameras due for launch in September. Olympus UK have announced the week starting 15th September for Olympus days in many venues through the UK. Is this Olympus OM-D E-M1? - Blog for...
  15. dhsimmonds

VF-4 on the E-M5

Today, I purchased the latest VF-4 electronic viewfinder for use with my OM-D's E-M5 and the 60mm macro. I want to place the camera very low or on the ground to get shots of bugs etc and swivel the viewfinder so that I can focus and compose by looking down. I can't easily lay on my stomach any...
  16. dhsimmonds

the late Baroness Margaret Thatcher

Margaret Thatcher who died earlier today and was probably the United Kingdom's greatest peacetime Prime Minister. R.I.P. Margaret.
  17. dhsimmonds

OMD and action photography

Some great windsurfing shots here from an equally great OMD photographer. He certainly put's a lie to the OMD being incapable of taking action shots! Brian Wadie's Images from Nature The secret apparently is: * Good light * Ibis set 1 * CFC autofocus set to 4fps Most of all, knowledge of...
  18. dhsimmonds

Olympus OMD-v-Leica MM

This makes for some interesting reading if you read Steve Huff's sometimes strange comparisons.:rolleyes: The Crazy Comparison Returns! The $999 Olympus OM-D vs the $7995 Leica Monochrom! | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS At the end of the day it is all about which camera one enjoys using that really...
  19. dhsimmonds

Another new OMD owner

If you can'y beat 'em, join 'em! I recognise a few names and avatars here. So yes I got my new all black OMD with 12-50 lens yesterday following a phone call from my local LCE who were also able to sell me a spare battery! I soon had the batteries charged, menus all sorted and the cam set up...
  20. dhsimmonds

New Fuji X-E1 for Photokina?

Details of the new kid on the Fuji X series block leaked together with further details of the XF 18-55mm zoom here: http://photorumors.com/2012/08/24/this-new-fuji-x-e1-mirrorless-camera-will-not-have-a-viewfinder/#more-29374 The zoom has lost the aperture ring and it looks as if it will have...