The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Fuji GFX 50 with Pentax telephoto lens?

I would like to add a 250-300mm lens to gfx 50s kit, and I want to explore adapted lenses before considering Fuji GF lenses. Has anyone had experience with Pentax 645 A* Green Star 300mm f/4 ED IF MF Lens on GFX? If so... pros? cons? adapter used? Thanks. John
  2. S

Stacking ND filters on Phase One S/K 35mm BR lens

Anyone with experience using circular ND filters of this lens. I would typically carry 3, 6 and 10 stop ND's, but unlikely to stack more than 2 at a time. Are any brands free of vignetting when stacking 2 filters? Formatt Hitech, Heliopan, Haida and Singh-Ray all seem to make 105mm circular...
  3. S

FS: Nikon D500, Nikon 16-80mm f/2.8-4.0E DX, MB-D17

Nikon D500 kit w/ Nikon 16-80mm f/2.8-4.0E DX Price: $1,850.00 Payment method: PayPal Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new Shipping instructions: Ground transport in CONUS USA model purchased new Jan 2018. I am the original owner. In Like New condition; shutter count will...
  4. S

GFX and X1D: Experience with hand held shooting

For those who work with these cameras, do you find they can be used hand held in situations that would be a challenge for high MP FF 35mm (D810, D850, 5DMkIV, 5DS, etc. Do you see a real benefit to mirrorless in MF for hand held work? Thanks. John
  5. S

dwood ... Great to do business with!

Seller: dwood Buyer: sc_john Item: Zeiss Milvus 2/35 Distagon Comments: Great transaction. Timely communications, quick shipment, very well packed, item in better condition than described (F/S post stated "in great condition"; item I received was "Like new". I would not hesitate to do...
  6. S

Cambo Schneider 72mm L f/5.6 APO-Digitar

I currently use a Rodenstock 40HR with IQ3100 on my Cambo. I am considering adding a longer focal length. Any experiences/comments of the Schneider 72L APO Digitar with the 3100? Thanks. John
  7. S

FS: Nikon D500, Nikon 16-80mm f/2.8-4.0E DX, MB-D17

Nikon D500 Body: $1,450.00. Low usage with only 4395 shutter activations. Rating 9+ (Shows little or no signs of wear) only because it has been used; cannot see any marks or blemishes. USA model with receipt, originally purchased 12/3/2016. I am second owner. Includes box and papers, PLUS extra...
  8. S

D850: Focus tuning UWA lens... 18mm/2.8

Has anyone had success in focus tuning an 18mm/2.8 lens (Zeiss Milvus in this case) on a D850... or D5 or D500 for that matter. I have tried two samples, and could not get either to auto fine tune. I have successfully focus tuned a Nikon 20/1.8 G lens; so I am lost on why process doesn't work on...
  9. S

MBP 2012 Retina 8gb RAM..... Next step?

I hope this doesn't result in Mac vs PC bashing, that is not my intention. But, here goes... I have a MBP mid-2012 Retina, 2.6 GHz Quad Core I7 Broadwell/Haswell(?), 8GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, NVIDIA GT 650M 1024 MB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB. I am now working with much larger raw files than...
  10. S

Dual Graphics Cards

Is there a benefit to dual graphics cards on the following scenario: - Macbook Pro, 2.5GHz (or 2.8GHz) quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB Ram, 512GB SSD - Files processed: medium format (60MP) - Some stitching... probably max 100mp - Photo editing only... no movies, no gaming - Editing...
  11. S

Delete Multiple Images from Capture One catalog

I am having difficulty deleting multiple images from Capture One (v9.3) catalog. When in Library tab , I click on first image in filmstrip to delete; then, I shift click on last of series of images to delete. The images all show proper highlight outline of being selected. Next, I use...
  12. S

Mamiya 645 AF 210/4 ULD or 645 AF 300/4.5 APO WITH 60MP BACK

Anyone have experience with Mamiya 645 AF 210/4 ULD or 645 AF 300/4.5 APO and 60mp back. I am transitioning to a DF and want to consider a longer lens with less weight/cost than the 240LS. TIA for any comments. John
  13. S

Leica Q (Type 116) + Thumbs-up + Other Extras

Price: $3,700 Payment Method: PayPal Item Condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear Shipping instructions: FedEx, UPS or USPS... signature required Selling my Leica Q that I purchased on another forum on 12/20. Camera is in superb condition with exception of small (1.5mm) scratch on rear...
  14. S

Leica Q User Profile

If this has already been discussed, I haven't been able to find it. I have set-up my profile for preferred settings in Leica Q, including DNG + JPG files vs JPG only in Default mode. I have saved my preferred settings as "User 1". Whenever I turn-off the Q or it goes into auto power save, it...
  15. S

Leica Q Battery

In his review of the Leica Q (leica.overgaard.dk - Thorsten Overgaard's Leica Pages - Leica Q Digital Rangefinder Camera - "To be, or not to be, that is the Q"), Thorsten Overgaard states "The Panasonic DMW-BLC12 battery should also work but I haven't tried myself. It's about 40% of the Leica...
  16. S

Metabones Canon - Sony E Smart Adapter (Mark III)

Any comments on the performance of IS for Canon EF lenses mounted on A7R with this adapter? Does IS work well, or is performance diminished (as I understand AF is diminished -- slow). Thanks. John
  17. S

Leica R Glass on Sony A7R

My question probably falls into the category of "Be careful what you ask for…":facesmack:, but here goes. Like many, I have been looking for a full frame digital body to use with my very limited stable of Leica R lenses (35-70/4 and 80-200/4). With its focus peaking, live view, FF 36MP sensor...
  18. S

Fuji X - Lenses Longer than 200mm

I would like to have max effective focal length of 400-500mm on Fuji X (X-T1 and X Pro-1). I would prefer using a lens with aperture ring. Any experience or suggestions? Thanks. John
  19. S

WTB (or trade for) Fuji X-Pro 1

Looking for X-Pro 1 body, excellent or better condition. Please PM me if you are interested in selling one. Also, I have black X-E1 (Mint condition) that I would be willing to trade (along with $$$ from me). I am located in USA, and prefer USA transaction. Thanks. John
  20. S

Capture One Support (or Lack of) for X100S

Just received my X100S, and I am really impressed with its capabilities, flexibility, ergonomics and jpeg output. Unfortunately, as a Capture One user (V7.1.1), I am disappointed to learn that X100S is not supported by C1, while the X-Pro1, X-E1, etc are supported. I assume this is due to the...