The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stacking ND filters on Phase One S/K 35mm BR lens

sc_john

Anyone with experience using circular ND filters of this lens. I would typically carry 3, 6 and 10 stop ND's, but unlikely to stack more than 2 at a time. Are any brands free of vignetting when stacking 2 filters? Formatt Hitech, Heliopan, Haida and Singh-Ray all seem to make 105mm circular ND's.

Thanks,

John

beano_z

Anyone with experience using circular ND filters of this lens. I would typically carry 3, 6 and 10 stop ND's, but unlikely to stack more than 2 at a time. Are any brands free of vignetting when stacking 2 filters? Formatt Hitech, Heliopan, Haida and Singh-Ray all seem to make 105mm circular ND's.

Thanks,

John
I regularly stack two Haida filters on it, no problems at all, and I’m usually stacking a polarizer and an ND, with the polarizer being quite thick.

ejpeiker

Thanks for the input. What type of Breakthrough ND were you using. I didn't think Breakthrough made 105mm circular filters.

John
You are correct, I wrote that from memory as all my other ND filters are Breakthrough including the 95mm. But my 105mm is a Singh-Ray, although Breakthrough has said that they would one day make 105 ND filters.

sc_john

Thanks for your response, E.J. I think I will contact Breakthrough to inquire about 105mm circular filters, as I would prefer them to Formatt-Hitech or Lee. Thanks, again.

John

ejpeiker

They do have 105 polarizers, I have one (for sure :) ) but not the ND - the more of us that ask for them, the more likely that they will offer them :)

sc_john

They do have 105 polarizers, I have one (for sure :) ) but not the ND - the more of us that ask for them, the more likely that they will offer them :)
I sent a chat message to Breakthrough customer service, and they responded they did not know of any plans for 105mm ND filters. I am thinking of trying the Breakthrough 105mm X4 6-stop Dark CPL, since this is probably my most used ND strength. I could add another brand of 10 stop and 3 stop, if necessary... unless Breakthrough gets the message to make 105mm ND's :thumbs:.

John

ejpeiker

I sent a chat message to Breakthrough customer service, and they responded they did not know of any plans for 105mm ND filters. I am thinking of trying the Breakthrough 105mm X4 6-stop Dark CPL, since this is probably my most used ND strength. I could add another brand of 10 stop and 3 stop, if necessary... unless Breakthrough gets the message to make 105mm ND's :thumbs:.

John
My conversation was with the founder of the company but nothing has happened and that was maybe 6 months ago.