The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Arne Hvaring

Hasselblad XCD 35-75mm zoom; long term experience.

When this lens became available it was met with enthusiasm both on this board and elsewhere. I wonder how is your long term experience, still happy or have issues popped up? I'm asking because I am considering this lens and because it is rather expensive. I already have the 45p,90 mm and...
  2. Arne Hvaring

Serial Numbers

Does anyone know if it is possible to extract the serial number of the lens from the EXIF of the A7R? I'm thinking of dedicated lenses like FE 2,8/35mm, 1,8/55mm etc. I seem to remember I could do this some years ago when I was shooting Canon, but it doesn't appear in Lightroom or C1 as far as I...
  3. Arne Hvaring

Evaluating the A900

I borrowed a A900 over the weekend and shot it side by side with the 5DII and sometimes the D3. The only lens available was the Sony 50/1,4, so no Zeiss glass unfortunately. I also used the Canon 50/1,4 and Nikon's new 50/1,4. The most surprising find is the difference in colour rendition. Even...
  4. Arne Hvaring

New York, New York

Spent a few days in New York before Christmas. As this wasn't a trip to take photographs, I only brought my (then) new G-10 with me to familiarize myself with the camera, suspecting it wouldn't be time but for some touristy snaps. But at least you can get an idea how the G-10 performed.
  5. Arne Hvaring

G1 shots

Received my G1 a few days ago. I'm impressed with the small and feature-filled body. Less so with the kit-lens (and I'm on my second copy). Viewfinder very good, but flickers a bit. Manual focusing quite easy even with slow kit lens, Leica-M lenses should be a breeze. Colour seems well managed...
  6. Arne Hvaring

A walk in the woods

A few recent shots with the Canon G10
  7. Arne Hvaring

Weather Report

The seasons first snow fell today, creating the usual traffic havoc. It wasn't much, just a few cm, but it changed the landscape completely. All shots with Nikon P6000.
  8. Arne Hvaring

A walk with the G-10

Nice light yesterday, went out with a G-10 I have on loan. Nice camera. Here are some snaps.
  9. Arne Hvaring

Zeiss 2/35 mm ZF on 1DsIII

I haven't had much time to use the new Zeiss on the Canon, so today I took it out to see how it performed in the close range. These shots are taken at f4 (+- one stop) at ISO 400-800. For a lens without floating elements to improve close-up performance, I'd say the Zeiss is very good.
  10. Arne Hvaring

Travelling light with Canon

I got the 450D and the EF-S 17-55/2,8 mainly as a light snapshot combo, but the image quality has surprised me (in a positive sense!) and lately I've used it a bit for travelling where weight and bulk constraints have excluded my regular setups. Mostly I also bring the 70-200/4 IS for the longer...
  11. Arne Hvaring

Bremen

A few images from a wet evening in Bremen, Germany.
  12. Arne Hvaring

24mm PC pre-swung?

Having recently aquired the new 2,8/14-24 mm zoom lens, I decided to compare its performance at 24mm with the 24-70 zoom and Nikon's 24mm PC lens at distance. All new designs with excellent reputations. I was rather taken aback with the results from the PC lens. Below are the *best* results from...
  13. Arne Hvaring

Another evening by the sea.

Trying to take advantage of the midsummer evening light, I went out with my regular equipment. Here are a few shots with the 1DsIII. The first image shows a bronze-age burial mound.
  14. Arne Hvaring

An evening by the sea.

We're having some great midsummer evenings this time of the year, so I took my new D3 and some lenses to a nearby shore. Here are a few shots.
  15. Arne Hvaring

Saying hello and some opening shots

This is my first post here at the GetDPI Workshop Forums, so hello everyone. First of all, congratulations to Guy and Jack with the success of the site. You've attracted a lot of talented cntributors here, and I've already had the pleasure of following a number of interesting and entertaining...