The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad XCD 35-75mm zoom; long term experience.

Arne Hvaring

When this lens became available it was met with enthusiasm both on this board and elsewhere. I wonder how is your long term experience, still happy or have issues popped up?
I'm asking because I am considering this lens and because it is rather expensive. I already have the 45p,90 mm and 135mm+converter. So the 65 mm would also be an option.
TIA.
Cheers
Arne

Frederic

Even though I’m about to sell mine to fund some tech cam bits, I really enjoy this lens on the X1D.
I ditched the 45 and 65 after getting it, and it helped me resist the xcd 30 call ;)

There’s really nothing wrong with it imho, except for its weight maybe... but then it’s lighter than a bag full of primes !

Arne Hvaring

Thank you Frederic. It is indeed lighter than three primes, although I will keep the 45p due to its small size and light weight. Nobody has chimed in with negative comments but I remember Lloyd Chambers thought he had a skew issue with the zoom at the long end. I think he eventually suspected/concluded it might have been a mis-alignment with the camera mount.
Regards
Arne

Arne Hvaring

Hi Vieri,
thanks. Yes I read your excellent review of the zoom at the time. Good to hear that it worked flawlessly all of the time you had it.
Regards
Arne

Hausen

I have had mine since December. I decided that I wanted to go back to one camera one lens and hoped the 35-75 would suffice. I am on beaches/lakefronts/hilltops often and and it is normally windy so changing lenses is a PITA. I love it and am putting my 21/45/120 up for sale.

Arne Hvaring

Sounds good David. The point about not having to change lenses frequently is a good one since the X1D lacks any form of automatic sensor cleaning. I've spent hours removing dust bunnies etc. on various cameras.

Regards
Arne